Whos interested?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whos interested?!

In attending a proper handmade craft fair, where there is nothing else, no imported goods, no company reps and no tat?

If so please let me know either here, by email or on MOD EDIT - PLEASE READ THE RULES RE URLs
    After too many crappy craft shows I want to organise a craft show, for you out there who handcraft beautiful, quirky, interesting items to take part in a reasonable cost show, for crafters by crafters targetting the right sort of people!
    Thinking along the lines of all those great american shows, renegade and craftmafia etc

Zoe
    Last edited by Peter; 31-05-2007, 08:55 AM.

Where would this be held? you dont say which part of the country you are in.
    Maz

Preserving yesterdays memories for Tomorrow at www.willow-crafts.com

Comment

Originally posted by icklemissus View Post
      In attending a proper handmade craft fair, where there is nothing else, no imported goods, no company reps and no tat?

If so please let me know either here, by email or on MOD EDIT - PLEASE READ THE RULES RE URLs
      After too many crappy craft shows I want to organise a craft show, for you out there who handcraft beautiful, quirky, interesting items to take part in a reasonable cost show, for crafters by crafters targetting the right sort of people!
      Thinking along the lines of all those great american shows, renegade and craftmafia etc

Zoe
      If you look at previous threads, you will see that a lot of our craft fair organisers only allow handmade goods.

Comment

Originally posted by peter View Post
        If you look at previous threads, you will see that a lot of our craft fair organisers only allow handmade goods.
        The more the merrier I'd say

...but yep we need to know what area of the country you're looking at.
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

opps sorry about the url!

re lots of other craft shows that only sell handmade, I am yet to be to one that I thought was great (please dont take offense anyone just my opinion)

Regarding area I am currently looking in the South East ideas fo far are Farnham(surrey), Whitstable(kent), Milton Keynes and Southend(Essex)

I'm trying to get it fairly central, as I know there is great craft all over the UK. There maybe the option for those who dont attend to showcase their goods without attending.

Zoe
          Last edited by icklemissus; 31-05-2007, 10:24 AM. Reason: oop forgot to say

Comment

I might be interested in Southend.
            Sarah
            For 100% wool felt supplies, felt balls, buttons, ribbon, needle felting supplies and lots of other lovely stuff, visit BLOOMING FELT

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

Hello
              Milton Keynes is good for me.
              Deanne x

My daily goings on
              My online store
              My monthly craft group

Comment

I'm In The Middlands - Don't Mind Travelling A Little Would Be Really Interested If It Was Milton Keynes Or The Middlands - How Much Are U Thinking Of Charging ?

Comment

Depending on price, I may be interested.

Jules x
                  http://creativemakes.blogspot.com - My Blog
                  http://www.creativemakes.co.uk - My Website

Comment

I'm in Wiltshire, and would be interested, depending on proce and if the location wasn't too far, although I am prepeared to travel within reason.

I knwo lots of craft fairs exist that only allow handmade goods, but plenty also exist which allow loads of rubbish too, so I agree, the more of this kind, definitely the merrier!!
                    Lucinda x

Comment

I'm Cambridge based, so I might be interested, depending on when and where
                      Melanie

"When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God?" Serenity

http://www.myspace.com/kandmcreations
                      http://www.kandmbeadshop.co.uk/ | http://www.kandmcreations.co.uk/
                      http://kandmcom.etsy.com

Comment

Victoria Plaza

I am going for a meeting with the big cheeses at Victoria Plaza in Southend, to discuss what we could achive.
                        For those not in the know, if is currently being refurbished and is going to be a fab, enclosed light and airy space.
                        The centre MK is currenly only looking for a 3 day booking, but I feel that this is too long. What are your opinions

I was thinking a slightly more regular event that was slightly lower cost rather than a mega three day event which puts up the cost a considerable amount.

At least with the milton keynes space, over three days there may be the opportunity to have demonsrations and workshops, which is my plan long term.

Zoe

Comment

Hi Zoe
                          I might be interested in the Milton Keynes venue, depending on date and price. I don't mind 3 day events - I've done a few up here in the Leeds area, and actually quite like them. I would be happy to be involved in workshops and demonstrating too (PMC silver, or beading). Anything any further away is probably a bit too far, though never say never!!

I have found that sometimes with events that are held regularly (like every 3rd Saturday, or whatever), people get too used to the idea that the event will be there, and you lose the 'get it while you can' mentality that often brings people in to a one-off event. Maybe others see it differently, but that has been my experience so far.

Good luck - I hope it all works for you
                          Mary
                          www.somata.co.uk
                          www.stitchnglass.co.uk
                          www.gemstoneboutique.co.uk
                          www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

I'd be interested in one in MK. I don't mind 3 days as long as the price is right. I sell handmade cards and have recently started making lego brick bracelets, earrings and cufflinks too. I can do demonstrations with the cards, quite a few of mine have bead and wire work envolved.

Do you know which 3 week days it would be?

BaaBaa Cards

Comment

I've never actually done a three day event, just day ones, so i would be interested in that too, again as long as the price is right and if tables etc are included!
                              If ever you want help with phoning around and organising, I'm always available.
                              Deanne x

My daily goings on
                              My online store
                              My monthly craft group

Comment

Working...
                              X