Craft fairs in & around Leicestershire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft fairs in & around Leicestershire

Hi does anybody know of any craft fairs in or around Leicestershire. I make hand-made chocolates and really love doing craft fairs but they seam to be few & far between in my area. Thanks
    Sarah xx

visit my website www.chocolateuphoria.co.uk

Leicestershire Craft fairs

Hi Chocolate Girl - I too have been looking for craft fairs in and around the Leicestershire area. The most useful site I have found so far, although it is at short notice is the BBC Leicester website in the entertainment section (events). They have listings of everything coming in the next couple of weeks. There is one at Quorn tomorrow but it is obviously too late to book a stall.

Shirecrafts (Design and Gift Fairs) have shows at the side of Ullesthorpe Garden centre. They had one there on the 1st April and the next is over two days on the 27th and 28th October. From their literature, you get 2 tables for each stand and the cost is £75 for the 2 days and £10 for electricity. For more information, contact Cottage Industries Events on 01902-332901. They do also have one in Mancetter (Atherstone) at Dobbies Garden centre on the 8th and 9th September. It isn't much further than Hinckley and is a lovely garden centre that seems to attract a lot of visitors.

Finally, there is a small event at Kibworth on the 10th June - it is the open gardens day in aid of LOROS. Stuart Court at Kibworth have a few stands but I have no idea of costs etc. If you give them a call on 0116 -2796266 they might be able to accomodate you - ask for Bob White.

Hope it helps a little anyway

Kindest regards

Paul
    For details of websites, just do a Google search on Paul Loseby - I make pens and my wife Penny does Parchment Craft

Comment

Thanks Paul, I have found one over in Market Harborough next Saturday 19th May arts & crafts in the village are organizing this one and they seam to have a few throughout the year. I'll keep searching and let you know.
      Sarah xx

Comment

Hi,

Yes i have been looking to sell my handmade cards around leicester and leicestershire but haven't had any luck yet, the info you have supplied on here looks good, Do you know anymore craft events going on???

Please reply if you can thanks Donna x
        Life is full of suprises and one of the is ME!

www.creativehandmadecards.com

Comment

I have been searching for a while for craft fairs in this area but not much luck so far, maybe I will just organize one of my own
          Maz

Preserving yesterdays memories for Tomorrow at www.willow-crafts.com

Comment

Originally posted by willowc View Post
            I have been searching for a while for craft fairs in this area but not much luck so far, maybe I will just organize one of my own
            If you do organise any around Christmas on you can count me in, I'm in the Loughborough area aswell!!
            - A whole world of fluffy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by willowc View Post
              Seems to me that this is your best bet - I have done this before for scout group fundraising. Getting a small hall isn't too expensive. If all you in the area got together and pooled resources, each dealing with publicity in their own area, it could be very successful. Probably only cost about a tenner each for a day.
              The biggest problem I had was getting enough crafters topgether, but it looks like you have that sorted already!

Comment

Sounds like a good idea I'll keep you posted if I manage to get something together
                Sarah xx

Comment

Craft fair near Leicestershire

Hi Chocolate Girl,

I am hosting a craft/gift fair on the August Bank Holiday Monday if you are interested. It is at Grange Park, Northampton, just off M! Junction 15. I am looking to have some sweets or chocolates there. I did a previous fair at the same venue in March and it went really well. I had a lady selling cakes at it and she sold loads! Its £20 for a 2 x 6ft space. Let me know if you're interested.

Comment

Christmas Craft Fair in Coventry City Centre

Hi, Just putting out feelers as to if anyone would be interested in holding a stall at a Christmas Craft Fair in The Central Methodist Hall in Coventry City Centre (in the main shopping area). I have applied to hold it for 17 November, but this date is not available, so am thinking about Saturday 24 November. Stall prices will be 35 pounds for a 6ft table plus 5 pounds for electricity (recommend to have lighting, it really helps sell!), and am looking at having approx 20 stalls, only two or three of each kind of craft maximum.

If anyone is interested just let me know...I don't want to confirm booking yet until I have at least 10 stall holders, at the moment I have 3 definates - jewellery, bags/childrens keyrings etc and shabby chic style furnishings, wooden hearts etc...

All crafts have to be handmade and high quality, so I will be requiring photos of your work or website to view etc.

Thanks alot, and Hope to hear from anyone interested!

Laura

Comment

Try here for Loughborough/leics area
                      http://www.artsandcrafts-inthevillage.co.uk/shows.html

I'm hopefully doing the Loughborough town hall fair. (not booked yet though!)
                      incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                      ___

Comment

Originally posted by blueamema View Post
                        Try here for Loughborough/leics area
                        http://www.artsandcrafts-inthevillage.co.uk/shows.html

I'm hopefully doing the Loughborough town hall fair. (not booked yet though!)
                        I've just signed up for the Rothley one with them. Not doing the Loughborough one as the tables are too expensive for me. I will come see you though!!

Comment

I have been thinking about booking one or two of these too...mayby the Rothley one (will need to look where it is though and work out how long it will take me to get there). Also wondered about the Harborough one? Is 7th October a good time to start selling with Christmas buyers in mind?
                          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by katian_krafts View Post
                            I have been thinking about booking one or two of these too...mayby the Rothley one (will need to look where it is though and work out how long it will take me to get there). Also wondered about the Harborough one? Is 7th October a good time to start selling with Christmas buyers in mind?
                            Thats exactly what I thought!! check out this thread

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5070

I am now convinced that October is the best time for Christmas items so I went ahead and booked. Rothley is a really nice little village (unfortunately been in the papers alot recently) and the Centre is pretty much on the main shopping street. It's not huge but should have alot of passing trade.

Comment

I may book then...have been looking on the map and I think it's about an hours journey so not too bad. I really need to get my Christmas craft fairs sorted - I haven't booked any yet! If anyone knows of any others in Oct/Nov in Staffs/leics/Derbys/Shrop then please PM me!!! Thanks and sorry for taking over this thread!
                              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X