Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shopping Night...raffle prize.. please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping Night...raffle prize.. please help.

I have agreed to have a stall at a local Ladies shopping night and have to donate a raffle prize along with my stall fee. I don't want to spend much more than £5 and I don't think my paintings are suitable.

Does have anything which they feel would make a good prize. It just need to be something small but lovely. Last time I bought a picture frame from a High Street store, but this time I thought it would nice to put something forward from someone off the forum as so many people on here make such lovely items.

Thank you.
    Amanda
    xx

You could have one of my candles if you want. Just let me know.

Cheers.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Don't throw away an oportunity for publicity.
      It's really great to think of everyone else on the forum, but it would be much better for you if you could put something together to promote yourself. I always submit a voucher with a ket ring attached or something like that.
      You could photograph and print off some of your paintings and stick them on to cards. packaged together with tissue and ribbon they'd make expensive looking note cards. My friend at the farmers market does that with his paintings and makes a killing selling the cards.
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I always do a gift voucher (for say £5 or £10) for my products & attach with a catalogue so that they can choose something.

that way if they aren't interested in my product I don't loose anything, and If they are I've gained a customer

Comment

Originally posted by Memories4ever View Post
          I always do a gift voucher (for say £5 or £10) for my products & attach with a catalogue so that they can choose something.

that way if they aren't interested in my product I don't loose anything, and If they are I've gained a customer
          I do that as well - a gift voucher - but mostly its because jewellery can be such a personal choice.
          Melanie

"When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God?" Serenity

http://www.myspace.com/kandmcreations
          http://www.kandmbeadshop.co.uk/ | http://www.kandmcreations.co.uk/
          http://kandmcom.etsy.com

Comment

A voucher is such a great idea! I hadn't thought of that.

How do you find out about / get invited to these shopping evenings? I have heard of them before but don't know of any in my area and how I'd get involved???
            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by katian_krafts View Post
              A voucher is such a great idea! I hadn't thought of that.

How do you find out about / get invited to these shopping evenings? I have heard of them before but don't know of any in my area and how I'd get involved???

I got to know about this one because I've done it before. I have two small children and it is fund raising for a local playgroup, I told people on a parenting course I was on about what I do and was asked if I wanted a stall at the first event. Its just word of mouth really. I know the lady who organises it is very good at getting people through the door, so its worth a go. Once you do one, you can ask other stall holders if they know of any others and also swap cards so they can let you know if any are coming up.

I would suggest you contact local groups like schools or playgroups that fundraise, quite alot of fundraising goes on at this time of year, and also at Christmas time. I also have done a school fete but that was a waste of time, as people were buying plastic rubbish for their kids, not paintings. I saw that one through an article in the local paper asking for stall holders.
              Amanda
              xx

Comment

Working...
              X