Jimmy's Farm Craft Fairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy's Farm Craft Fairs

Just saw some comments on another thread about the Jimmy's Farm craft fairs where somebody has said it is hard to get into and you have to be invited. This isn't the case. They have only done a couple of fairs so far, one at Christmas and one at Easter, I did both and they are really lovely events to do, I can highly recommend them. The ones which are hard to get a stall at are their farmers markets which they hold every month. (They only have a couple of crafters attend them and they are ones who have been invited.)

The craft fairs are run by one of those crafters, not organised by 'Jimmys' themselves. The next one is on May 28th, this one may be full but there is another in August and I dare say will be one at Christmas again. I have the ladies details who organises it all and if anybody is interested please contact me and I will dig them out and pass them on to you. The only thing is they ask that all items are handmade by the stall holder, not bought in hadcrafted items, and they don;t like too many of the same thing, so only a couple of card sellers, jewellery makers that sort of thing.

If anybody wants to know more about Jimmy's, including directions etc, please look at the craft fairs page on my website. Link in my sig! And contact me if you would like the ladies details.
    Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

I didn't know he had craft fairs going there as well... I guess it's good for his pork business to get more people at the farm as they may as well buy some sausages as well while they are there....
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Yep, the farm shop is always open whilst they are on, and they do a fab bbq and hog roast so really coin it in from them. But it is such a lovely place, I love it!! Have only ever glimpsed Jimmy from a distance though !
      Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

Jimmy did his degree at the university where I work - he left before I arrived so never met him. To everyone here he is just Jim, and not someone to swoon over and go chasing after....
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Am meant to be doing Jimmys Farm craft fair tomorrow but have had a nasty reaction to aozzie bite on my foot which resulted in a visit to the hospital yesterday and now having to keep my foot elevated!!!!! So am not going to be doing it, luckily you pay on the day so haven;t lost out apart from working my butt off for the past few weeks getting readyfor it, but never mind. Weather is pretty awful too so can't imagine many people trudging out to a farm in this weather, but I may be wrong, it is undercover after all so if anybody local is at a loss of something to do then please do go along and support the oher crafters there, including our Sarah from Picture it in Stitches as it is her first ever fair!!
          Jo x

Comment

Originally posted by Sommerwood View Post
            Am meant to be doing Jimmys Farm craft fair tomorrow but have had a nasty reaction to aozzie bite on my foot which resulted in a visit to the hospital yesterday and now having to keep my foot elevated!!!!! So am not going to be doing it, luckily you pay on the day so haven;t lost out apart from working my butt off for the past few weeks getting readyfor it, but never mind. Weather is pretty awful too so can't imagine many people trudging out to a farm in this weather, but I may be wrong, it is undercover after all so if anybody local is at a loss of something to do then please do go along and support the oher crafters there, including our Sarah from Picture it in Stitches as it is her first ever fair!!
            Thats a shame. Hope your foot gets betters soon. Still good excuse to stay in doors with your feet up in this weather. LOL Just read that and it sounds really sarcastic. ITS NOT MEANT TO BE.
            Hope it gets better soon.
            Would think about popping along if I didn't live so far away. Sounds great
            http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

Comment

Aw Sommerwood, poor you. Do you normally react to bites? All that hard work, mind you the weather is appalling down here, is it as bad with you? When are you do a craft fair next?

God this sounds like the Spanish Inquisition!!

Take care and hope you won't have to keep your foot in the air for too long!
              Annette

Comment

Originally posted by michelleC View Post
                Thats a shame. Hope your foot gets betters soon. Still good excuse to stay in doors with your feet up in this weather. LOL Just read that and it sounds really sarcastic. ITS NOT MEANT TO BE.
                Hope it gets better soon.
                Would think about popping along if I didn't live so far away. Sounds great
                LOL Michelle. I have to admit, would be so angry if the weather was lovely, but as it is so appalling am not too upset by it adn just means I have lots of stock now!!

Hi Annette, yep I do unfortunately, this is the second time I have had to go to hospital with one on my foot becoming so angry. I got bitten to pieces the other night when we were out and counted 8 on my back alone, an ankle chain of them around each ankle and one on the back of my thigh which came up like a golf ball - am well armed now with insect repellant so any mozzies reading this ... bring it on!!!!

Next craft fair is next Saturday at Wivenhoe, details are on my craft fairs page on my website, that is an outdoors one so REALLY hope the weather has perked up by then, mind you last year it was so hot there I was seriously sunburnt!!! Can't win!!!!
                Jo x

Comment

Originally posted by Sommerwood View Post
                  LOL Michelle. I have to admit, would be so angry if the weather was lovely, but as it is so appalling am not too upset by it adn just means I have lots of stock now!!

Hi Annette, yep I do unfortunately, this is the second time I have had to go to hospital with one on my foot becoming so angry. I got bitten to pieces the other night when we were out and counted 8 on my back alone, an ankle chain of them around each ankle and one on the back of my thigh which came up like a golf ball - am well armed now with insect repellant so any mozzies reading this ... bring it on!!!!

Next craft fair is next Saturday at Wivenhoe, details are on my craft fairs page on my website, that is an outdoors one so REALLY hope the weather has perked up by then, mind you last year it was so hot there I was seriously sunburnt!!! Can't win!!!!
                  Have you ever tried taking vit b complex. it is supposed to be a repellant and unlike garlic only the mozzies can smell it, and you keep your friends. Go for a repellant that contains at least 50% Deet. M+S are doing one at the mo for about £3.00 Bargain. Sorry my profession before the kids came along was ******** Tech. LOL
                  Right back to getting mummy and crafter head on lol.
                  http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by michelleC View Post
                    Have you ever tried taking vit b complex. it is supposed to be a repellant and unlike garlic only the mozzies can smell it, and you keep your friends. Go for a repellant that contains at least 50% Deet. M+S are doing one at the mo for about £3.00 Bargain. Sorry my profession before the kids came along was ******** Tech. LOL
                    Right back to getting mummy and crafter head on lol.
                    Thanks Michelle, will give it a go!
                    Jo x

Comment

Working...
                    X