New - Fine and Applied Art & Design Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New - Fine and Applied Art & Design Show

I have a meeting tomorrow at a venue in central Northampton to discuss the possibilities of staging a series of Fine and Applied Art & Design Shows there.

These will be rather exclusive in that there are only going to be a relatively few acceptable categories of exhibit.

Obviously - Paintings, Etchings, Lithographs, Limited Edition Prints, Woodcuts, Sculpture, Wood Carving, Wood Turning, Photographs, Pottery, Glass, Jewellery.

What else should I include?

What should I definitely exclude?

Best wishes
    David

Soap?

Included

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Applied art and design can explore a broad range. I think you could add something digital and design based your list.

Comment

Sounds interesting - Whats the venue?

Comment

Royal and Derngate.

I used to stage Antiques Fairs in the Derngate foyers oooooooh, seems like centuries ago.

The revamp has opened up a lot more space!

Best wishes
          David

Comment

The design bit is dodgy because in arty farty circles it would include things like fashion, ceramics, jewellery, furniture, packaging.....

Fine and applied arts would give it a better arty definination (or do I mean parameters?). I mean distinguish it from your other fairs.

I'm thinking the let you in rule would be any art work you are diplaying on anything or in any way would have to be your own original work.

AnnieAnna

Comment

Well, that went pretty much the way I'd have wanted it to.

Now I have to wait for them to clear it with their boss, and send me some floor plans and a selection of dates.

Assuming they happen, it will be alternate months, a Sunday, 10am to 4pm, setting up from 8am, and we will have on offer a variety of space formats all in so much per metre frontage. The areas we have to work with are unique and interesting and make for a very unusual show.

We will have space / stands that are 1 metre deep, 2 metres deep or 3 metres deep. Tables will be in addition, as many artists and some crafters dont need tables as they use display panels, and some have and prefer to use their own tables. Access to electricity for display lighting at no additional cost, and recommended!

Prices for the different depth pitches will be £10 per metre (1 metre deep), £12 per metre (2 metres deep) and £15 per metre (3 metres deep).

Don't yet know what price the tables will be as the R&D will get back to me with the price they will be charged by their usual supplier.

Probably starting in May, dates to be confirmed as well.

Best wishes
              David

Comment

I think that if you define the term you could stipulate that any work there should be the work of the exhibitor / stall holder. That would hopefully pre-empt anyimports etc and help to keep it more exclusive.

The plus and minus for me are
                + you have included woodturning
                - it's so far away I can't be involved

Hope it goes well for you and all involved

pete
                "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                Facebook

Website

Comment

Photos at http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...9471244&ref=nf

Best wishes
                  David

Comment

we would be interested in this show

darren has been to the r & d a few times and says its a great place to go,

but how would the stall holder parking work out as darren cant

remember if the r & d has any of its own

Sarah
                    find us on our new web site;

http://www.sarahanddarrenjewellery.com

Comment

The R&D have a good relationship nwith the NBC Town Manager and think that they will be able to get exhibitors free parking passes. If not, all day Sunday in the adjacent car park off Albion Place is all of 80p.

The R&D don't have any parking of their own, but you can pull up outside to unload, then move to the car park - there are several in the immediate vicinity.

Waiting impatiently to hear back from them!

Best wishes
                      David

Comment

Working...
                      X