Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craft fair - table banners... what do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft fair - table banners... what do you use?

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to get ready the thing I need for upcoming craft fairs.

What do you all use for banners, you know around the front of the table etc...

Is it worth getting something made? Could be pricey?

Also, if each craft fair table is different height, width etc... then how do you cope with that?

I was thinking of not using a banner at all in the short run? Just having a cloth draped over the table? Or am I missing an big opportunity to attract people to my stall? What's the norm?

I haven't done a fair yet so would appreciate your experienced thoughts.

Thanking you muchly.

Steve
    Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
    www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
    Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Hi Steve,

I thought about getting a banner made when we first started doing events, but I'm glad that we didn't go to the expense. I have two large pieces of fabric that cover the table. I guess it depends on the size of the room that you'll be in, if it's a huge event and you need to attract attention from the other side of the room then it would be a good idea.

I think that when people visit craft shows they walk around the whole room, they stop and look if they are interested in your product and walk on if not.

Hope that helps

Leanna
    www.purethoughts.co.uk
    Natural soaps and skincare, handmade from beginning to end...

Pure Thoughts Newsletter - Free samples for 50 new subscribers every month

Comment

I have a long pvc type banner made..looks very professional and people do comment on it.
      Sometimes it goes on my tables other times I put it on my art display frame.

Can send you details if you pm me

Ps. No not to expensive!...can hear your brain ticking away
      Debbie
      www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Mine...

....I don't take the cat though....

I made this one, it's tough cotton calico (or cotton duck) with felt backed fabric letters. The fabric letters are stitched to the gfelt, but the felt is applied to the cloth with industrial strength BondaWeb.

Jules

Apple Tree Crafts
        www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
          ....I don't take the cat though....

I made this one, it's tough cotton calico (or cotton duck) with felt backed fabric letters. The fabric letters are stitched to the gfelt, but the felt is applied to the cloth with industrial strength BondaWeb.

Jules

WILL YOU PLEASE! stop posting *****cat pictures.... I want one but mr.foxy got our last so would feel sad if I got another and it happened again.
          Your cat is lovely.

Nice banner btw for what you do its works a treat. Very sweet. Would be diificult for me to cart a big glass one round
          Debbie
          www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Hi,

yep, great banner there Jules. Lovely lettering. Cute cat too!
            A sewn banner is definately the way to go for those of you with a stitching bias.

Debbie, will PM you about the PVC one, getting as much info as I can on all types. Thanks

Steve
            Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
            www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
            Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Comment

Jules - That's a really nice clear sign, and I love the kitty.

Not sure about having a banner on the front of the table personally. If people are standing in front looking at all our lovely wares then it's going to be obscured anyway.

I have a tall stand along the back of my table so I can put a big felt fairy sign on top above everyones heads.
              - A whole world of fluffy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by the felt fairy View Post
                Jules - That's a really nice clear sign, and I love the kitty.

Not sure about having a banner on the front of the table personally. If people are standing in front looking at all our lovely wares then it's going to be obscured anyway.

I have a tall stand along the back of my table so I can put a big felt fairy sign on top above everyones heads.
                Depends on how big and how many tables you have! I find even if people are right up to the table it still gets noticed and people do comment on it...but then my banner is different...which is what I like

Also at quiet times the banner stands out so people from afar notice...I also have a banner at the back of my stand up high on a 3 panel display system..now that does get noticed as well as my work - of course

Sometimes these things need trying out....but there's nothing worse than seeing a banner made last min being held up with blue tack or sticky tape!..ive seen it, believe me.
                Debbie
                www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X