Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

I have attented a few local fairs with my homemade crafts, but now I am being asked for puplic liability insurance.
    Does anyone know of a company that can either insure for the day or a good price for the year?
    Many Thanks
    Paulie

Hi Paulie

Hope you don't mind me moving your post but I think you'll get more of a response here in the UK Craft Fairs section.

I got my insurance from GM Imber for about £50 or so but that was a few years ago now. If you use the search bit at the top of the forum you'll find other threads about insurance that should help you.

Welcome by the way

Edited to say the £50 was for the year.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I have recently enquired about this too and GM Imber was mentioned a number of times. They have sent me a form to apply for insurance through them and on it it states that the cost is £50 per year, which I think covers you up to £5 million.
      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Definitely worth checking around - I didn't, and my insurance is more than Katian's at £66 but for only £1m. It is with Aviva.
        Will probably not be with them next year if it can be done for £50 for £5m.......
        Mary
        www.somata.co.uk
        www.stitchnglass.co.uk
        www.gemstoneboutique.co.uk
        www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

We Recommend...

.....Combined Market Traders Insurance Association.

£5million public liability and £5million product liability for under £50per annum. I think it's £46 just now.

Speak to Sonja Barnet at CMTIA on 0117 930 1671.

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts
          www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the quick replies. seeing that I have a day off today I can get on and try the companies that you have suggested.
            I fell onto this website purely by accident, glad I did
            Thanks again
            Paulie

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
              .....Combined Market Traders Insurance Association.
              Jules - do these cover craft fairs then, as well as Markets?
              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Yep...

...because, really, when you think about it, a craft fair is just a market, only it's more spe******t, more upmarket if you like.

People just think 'outdoors' when they think of markets, but markets can be indoors too.

The principal is the same for craft fairs - it's a person selling goods to the public.

Jules
                Apple Tree Crafts
                www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

To NattyNetty and everyone else, another big help!!!! from me.

I have a table at a local charity Gala Day and never even considered insurance.

I truly had no idea that I would need any.

I also have a market stall or two planned, depending on the weather and how things go at the first one.

I'm really concerned now, as although £50 p.a. doesn't sound much, it's less than £1.00 a week, I don't intend to have a stall every week or a craft fair every week - it's hard enough finding one!

I'm not sure I could find £50,00 at the moment! Do I have to have it? I assume it's in case anyone hurts themselves on your table or stall or whatever - although I can't imagine what damage anyone could do to themselves with greetings cards. No, let's not go there.

Any and all help appreciated.
                  Primmers
                  www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

Hi Primmers

I'd check with the organisers if I were you as some require it and some don't. We've been to some where they won't let you in unless you bring your insurance with you whereas at others the organiser had taken out the insurance themselves and factored it into the stall price.

The last few craft fairs I have done it wasn't needed as it was covered under the venue's own insurance.

It's all a bit of a minefield so speak to the organisers and perhaps only do those events with insurance already included.

Hope that helps some and I'm sure others who do fairs more frequently than me will be able to help more.
                    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Thanks NattyNetty. I will check with the organisers.

From what I remember of the market stall I plan, the manager of the market ( it's a council-run one) said that all I had to do was turn up at 6 a.m on any Sunday morning with the stall-rental in my hot grubby little fist. So that it could be passed into his hot grubby little fist. Cash preferred.
                      Primmers
                      www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

Result!

Sonja Barnet can now be contacted on her London number 02085008489.
                        Very helpful.
                        The cost per year is £46 and starts as soon as they receive your application and of course your cheque.
                        This is the first year that I have started to do Craft Fairs & Local Festivals, I have found that some bother with public liability and some don't, but by the sound of the things, coming from people who are running these events , they are having secret visits from Health & Safety,and receiving letters telling them to comply with the rules, I know that they are asking for risk assessments to be filled out by stall holders.
                        But as mentioned, you think what danger is there in cards etc. ,but there will always be one nice person out there that will sue you for a paper cut !!! and win !!!! and sods law is that it will be me if I didn't have any insurance.
                        Thank for your help
                        Paulie

Comment

Just book marking this thread as i have to renew mine this month

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

Working...
                          X