Sudeley Castle, Cheltenham 21 & 22 July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudeley Castle, Cheltenham 21 & 22 July

It's a definite! This is the castle where Liz Hurley got married recently. The weekend promises to be very busy as there are other things going on there too. I'm really hoping this will be a feather in our cap, as Sudeley asked us to do this event!

It's a two day event, you can chose to do one or both days. Booking for one day is £60.00, but for two days it's £100.00. Electricity is included, but chairs aren't.

Because it's on the lawns, tables can safely remain set up overnight should you wish. Times are yet to be confirmed, but I think it's about 10.30 - 11am to about 5pm.

It's a 6ft by 2ft table in a huge marquee on the Falconry lawn. Bring your own chairs though...oddly they charge £2 for a chair for the day! We're looking for up to 30 stalls, and it would be great if anyone wants to demonstrate. Sudeley are asking the local tv people down to see us, with a view to getting the reporter to try their hand at various crafts!

Info packs will be available shortly.

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

hiya jules. this sounds good. sudeley's a lovely venue and they are good at promoting their events. i could only do one day and the saturday would be best for me.

so table under cover with electricity is included but no chairs, right?

what's the fair called?

£60 is a lot more than i usually pay but i think this might be worth it, especially if it's a sunny day (fingers crossed).

i'm keen to do it. send me the info when it's ready

also, would art be ok too? i have a friend who paints funky, contemporary canvases who i am sure would be interested as well. she attends the cotswold craft market with me.
    Steph http://www.handmadeheaven.biz
    Contemporary, fun, funky fused glass gifts, art and jewellery

BLOG: http://glassygoodies.blogspot.com The life, times, work and waffle of a fused glass artist...

Comment

Ow Jules,

I wish I was a bit nearer but I think Glasgow is a bit too far to come.

Good luck I know you'll have a brilliant day.

All the best.

Lisa
      Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Art

I think Art should be included....fused glass is surely an art as well as a craft?

Chairs are £2 each per day...I think that's quite amusing, no idea why. Although, to be fair, I think they hire them in.

I haven't thought of a title, but Designer Arts & Crafts has to come into it somewhere.....I'll poner the title today at work, and hopefully write the info packs this weekend.

Jules
        Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Cheltenham would be OK for me, but I'm on my jolly holidays on those dates!

I hope it all goes well for you all.
          Primmers
          www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

The Sunday would be good for me. I'd love an info pack when you have them!

Laura
            Beyond Beads
            Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
            www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Comment

Would love to attend!

Hi,

Would love to attend your Sudeley Castle event, for the saturday please. Could you email me the booking form, I am posting out my application form for Taunton Summer Craft Fair (August 17/18th) today. Hope there is space!

Thanks! Laura*

Comment

I might be interest Jules and would certainly like an info pack when they're ready. I would go for one day, not sure which yet...
                Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

my arty friend (tash) should've emailed you. hope you got it?
                  Steph http://www.handmadeheaven.biz
                  Contemporary, fun, funky fused glass gifts, art and jewellery

BLOG: http://glassygoodies.blogspot.com The life, times, work and waffle of a fused glass artist...

Comment

Nothing yet...

I haven't got an email from Tash yet, Steph.

Jules
                    Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Hi Jules,

I might be interested in your event, so please email the information when available.

Thanks, Lou x
                      A fresh and funky collection of handmade jewellery

www.raspberry-bloom.co.uk

Comment

Please could you e-mail it to me as well

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

Update

For those of you who live in the West, and who may have seen the sad news on television this evening;

I have contacted Sudeley and have been informed that this incident was nothing to do with Sudeley Castle staff or contractors.

The marquee company in question was hired by the BBC and are not the team that we will be using for our craft fair in July. Although in Sudeley grounds, this event was not organised by MediaEden who deal with events organised by Sudeley Castle, it was BBC Homes & Antiques.

Jules
                          Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

What happened Jules?
                            Beyond Beads
                            Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
                            www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Comment

Electrocution

A guy who worked for the marquee company hired by the BBC was electrocuted whilst dismantling a marquee. I don't know how exactly, except that a metal pole he was carrying came into contact with an overhead power cable.

I just hope it doesn't put crafters off booking our fair, as it wasn't anything to do with Sudeley Castle.

Jules
                              Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Working...
                              X