Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craft fayres: a throwback to the Middle Ages or just the middle-aged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft fayres: a throwback to the Middle Ages or just the middle-aged?

I'll be attending one tomorrow. Is the pronunciation craft fay-er? Or just craft fair with a silent 'y'? I'd hate to make a fool of myself, let myself down. There's a lot riding on this. Even though they've sent me a Christmas food voucher lower margin of dainty little Norwegian spruces — redeemable to £3.50, I have actually laid out 17 quid in cold hard cash when all's said and done.
    .Grenville Allen.
    -------f i n e a r t i s t-----
    www.grenvilleallen.com
    Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Craft fayres: a throwback to the Middle Ages or just the middle-aged?

Oh, I forgot. The electricity's thrown in. Now, that's pretty of the moment.
    .Grenville Allen.
    www.grenvilleallen.com
    Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Oddly enough, I know of crafts men and women who trade at Medieval Festivals - and yes, some are Middle Aged as well

Best wishes
      David

Comment

Craft fay-ers
        Originally posted by David Smith View Post
        Oddly enough, I know of crafts men and women who trade at Medieval Festivals
        Yes, these give one a good excuse to put on the wife's tights. Luckily my legs are one of my best features.

Anyway, back to the Christmas craft fay-er I did today, yes, I redeemed my food voucher which got me a beaker of mulled wine, a mince pie, and a turkey 'n' cranberry roll. All reasonably adequate and a nice gesture. Only trouble was, on the sales front, my sight lines were ruined by someone with a pram at the entrance to my aisle with a teenager leaning up against it and another mother cradling and comparing her little bundle of joy. Worse, anyone entering the room was deterred from walking past this barricade of maternal bliss so I was left with a sum total of two customers.
        And, just as I was about to make a sale, one of their long-lost friends turns up: "Hiya, how's it going?", etc. I got there in the end. But I must admit these so-called craft fayres are a bit cramped, laid out like a mothers' meeting. Still, what's one expect these days for £17?
        Grenville Allen
        ____f i n e__ a r t i s t__

Last edited by grenville allen; 19-04-2010, 11:33 AM. Reason: addendum
        .Grenville Allen.
        www.grenvilleallen.com
        Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Working...
        X