Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booking Fairs

Hello, A couple of questions I hope you can help me with:
    Can you tell me how you book your local craft fairs - do you go directly to each individual organiser?
    How do you find out about the craft fairs in your area well in advance?
    Thanks
    Diane

There are several organisers who are members here. If you look on 'Stallholder' on the nett she has a pretty comprehensive list.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hi,

You can find out about fairs by:
      Searching online
      Asking other stallholders where else they go
      Visiting/contacting fairs and organisers and asking about future fairs
      Generally asking around for contacts -ask if the local schools/churches have fairs
      Ask your local council they often run local markets (sometimes craft)
      Look out for flyers/ads for fairs - sometimes they still have stalls available or will put you on the mailing list for the next fair

Yes you will probably have to contact each individual organiser. Make sure to always ask to go on their contact list for future fairs. Occasionally you are lucky and someone will contact you about attending their fair!

Common sense and hard work really. Bear in mind it may take a couple of years to build up a substantial list of fairs and contact details.

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

Comment

Yes, you have to find who the organizer is and book each one. Though most will have more than one fair.
        Check the local paper and newsagents windows and ask everyone you know to tell you if they see any adverts. It is a bit late for most of the xmas fairs now but make a note of any you see and phone them to be put on the list for next year. Make sure you follow it up with another phone call in the spring and again nearer xmas if you didn't get in as they may have someone drop out.
        It may also be useful to phone round your local schools to see if they are having a fair. They are generally not huge money-spinners but it will help to get your name out there.

Melanie

Comment

I've found out it's a long hard slog.
          I picked up my first fair from here, the second from another forum, back to this one, local papers, stallfinder etc.
          One year later - I was head hunted.
          Well, a person at one fair passed my card to an organiser of another fair.....

Tracking down the organiser can be quite hard. You can get passed from one person to another or for the more traditional markets the only way to find out is to ask another stallholder.

But don't give up and keep chatting. An awful lot is still word of mouth.
          (Or as on here - e-mouth.)
          AnnieAnna

Comment

Booking Fairs

Thanks for all your replies, very helpful. One more question - do you all book your fairs months/years in advance?
            Thanks
            Diane

Comment

A lot of fairs get booked up early and have to be booked like this. Others like the one Im doing next week I only booked this week. It depends on the venue occaision and organisers. Early is best lots of time to prepare your stock.
              Cheryl

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Befascinated/118463183977

Comment

Yes, it's usual to book as far in advance as possible. Sometimes Xmas fairs start booking in Jan/Feb! But don't be put off enquiring, it's always worth asking, sometimes there will be last minute tables available or you will be considered for their next fair.

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

Comment

Be aware that some organisers of monthly fairs will not let you book for the xmas fairs unless you have attended at least one or two during the year.

Melanie

Comment

Working...
                  X