Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Craft Fairs 2010

Hiya all

Does anyone know of craft fairs happening in kent next year?

Am looking to book as many as poss as i've no leads at the moment.

Thanks
    Gemma

Hi Gemma

I've not been looking around much, but I'd noted these ones (I can't yet post full URLs as I haven't made enough posts so I've abbreviated)

I've seen on the ICHF website ichf.co.uk that there is the "Weald of Kent Craft Show" happening at Penshurst Place, Tonbridge on 1-3 May. Also there's a nice bunch of 2010 dates run by "Midas Leisure" covering Kent which I've seen on their website at midasleisure.co.uk/events.php (scroll down near the bottom of the web page for the 2010 dates). There's also a "stalls" link on there with fees information, etc. About £25-£30 per day, but I don't know if that's too expensive in comparison to others or not?

I'm looking to attend a few of these to see how people set themselves up as I have never done it before - I also want to squeeze in a Christmas one in Kent this year if there is one, just to see how they do. Do you know of any?

Kerry x
    Kerry

kerryjbarker.misi.co.uk
    www.peonyrose.co.uk

Comment

Hi Kerry

Thanks for that, will have a look on those sites. Really informative and helpful.

I have seen a few advertised on here for 5th december, which might be worth seeing if there are any spaces left. also, there is one on in maidstone, st hiliarys church mangravet road, on the 5th, but i don't think there are any spaces left, you could come along and see and get an idea of how people set up, i'll be there with my jewellery.

they are good fun, and a good networking opportunity.

Gemma x

Comment

How To Go Bankrupt V Easily

I've seen on the ICHF website ichf.co.uk that there is the "Weald of Kent Craft Show" happening at Penshurst Place, Tonbridge on 1-3 May.
        Also there's a nice bunch of 2010 dates run by "Midas Leisure"... About £25-£30 per day, but I don't know if that's too expensive in comparison to others or not?
        From one extreme to the other: ICHF to Midas Leisure. You'll get a small pitch for apx £500 with ICHF if you're lucky. You'll be put in a boy scout tent in a no doubt muddy field. We used to exhibit with them 'til we noticed the bought-in crap starting to be infiltrated. With Midas Leisure what you see is what you get. And priced accordingly 'cos they're not greedy.
        .Grenville Allen.
        -------f i n e a r t i s t-----
        www.grenvilleallen.com
        Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Hi Gemma

I run a Gift and Craft Fair in Ashford Kent, It will be in November next year, don't have the date yet but will be meeting in January to set it.

Send me a pm if you're interested and I''' send you the details as soon as I have them in Feb.

Grenville, hope you'll be able to make it again as well!

Comment

I would be interested in the November event, please forward details when you have them. regards ken

Comment

Hi fairorganiser, I tried to send you a PM re: next November but your PM box is full up. I'd be interested in some details when available please.

Re: Kent fairs, I havent done one before but I want to start next year so I'll be keeping an eye open on this thread however there is sometimes one near me in Hawkinge and they run them all over the place throughout the year so if I get any contact dets for the organisers I shall pass them on.
              www.pebblesandpearls.co.uk

Comment

I forgot to say there is a regular craft market at the services off junction 11 of the M20 - the junction for Hythe between Folkestone and Ashford. Very easy to get to and last time I went for a look around there were quite a few stallholders there and a good variety of products although I didnt get a really good look. They are usually held once a month I think.

Comment

Hi merry

Thank you very much for that lead, extremely useful!

Originally posted by merry View Post
                  I forgot to say there is a regular craft market at the services off junction 11 of the M20 - the junction for Hythe between Folkestone and Ashford. Very easy to get to and last time I went for a look around there were quite a few stallholders there and a good variety of products although I didnt get a really good look. They are usually held once a month I think.

Comment

Hi from just actoss the road (also Medway!) I will be attending some of the Brogdale events this year you might like to take a look...http://www.brogdalecollections.co.uk...festivals.html I am also looking at the Hop Farm for the County Fair.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I might take a look at this, any idea of more details?

Comment

Sorry for the delay! I actually walked past a window with a flyer in it at lunchtime today so grabbed the details for those who are interested. the next fair at the services is 12th December, tel nos are 01304 363710 and 01303 248100 are the numbers on the flyer.

Comment

Monday 14th December

Hiya!
                          I am holding a special christmas craft fair on Monday 14th December this year if your interested. It's in a 600 year old beamed pub with a lovely atmosphere. there will be between 10 and 12 tables. It is basically all handmade items as I have been attending too many fairs recently where there are a lot of brought in items!! It is £20 per table (I will supply the table) this is to go towards advertising costs. We put a lot of effort into organising out events otherwise theres no point in going to the effort of doing one! The address is: The white swan, ash road, ash, near sevenoaks, kent, TN15 7HJ. Let me know ASAP if your interested.
                          Thanks
                          Bobbie

Comment

Hi Merry,

Thanks for that, I didn't have any joy emailing stop 24, so will give this a go!

Sorry for the delay! I actually walked past a window with a flyer in it at lunchtime today so grabbed the details for those who are interested. the next fair at the services is 12th December, tel nos are 01304 363710 and 01303 248100 are the numbers on the flyer.

Comment

Girls' grammar school, Ashford

Originally posted by Fair Organiser View Post

Grenville, hope you'll be able to make it again as well!
                              This was ok from what I remember, but the public and stallholders needed better access. All too blocked off. We lost loads of sales 'cos we couldn't get to our car to replenish stock.

Last edited by grenville allen; 06-03-2010, 05:04 PM. Reason: Literal
                              .Grenville Allen.
                              -------f i n e a r t i s t-----
                              www.grenvilleallen.com
                              Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X