Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Stallholders wanted - Wiltshire

Hi all,

We arrange a large classic car show at the Science Museum near Swindon (had over 900 exhibits last year) and have only just been given the go ahead to include a new CRAFT VILLAGE in this year's show. Excellent opportunity as this show is an annual event with lots of support. Snag is that many people are now booked up for the summer and the show is 4th & 5th AUGUST 2007 so need to get word around quickly. If anyone is interested please contact me or go to website (wroughtonclassic.org.uk)where you can download booking forms etc. Pitches are 5mx5m for only £50 for the weekend but will do 50% discount for anyone demonstrating crafts. There will also be some live entertainment and refreshments available in the evening for exhibitors and traders with free camping facilities also available for those travelling from further afield

I also have a few stands left for the Christmas gift and craft show we arrange for the same venue in October 2007 (wroughtonshow.co.uk) This is a very high quality, indoor, show and will include a fashion show featuring prom dresses and evening wear. Both shows are supporting the British Heart Foundation

Hope to hear from some of you and see you there!

best wishes
    Jo
    Jo Dunningham
    Wroughton Shows (nr Swindon, Wilts)
    www.wroughtonshow.co.uk and www.wroughtonclassic.org.uk

Hi. I don't live nearby, so have never been to this particular show,
    thought i would mention to anyone thinking about this, i spend most weekends in the summer showing vehicles at various venues around my area.
    Shows like this usually have a high turnout, of exhibitors and public.
    Craft stalls are great as wives who have come along for the ride have somewhere to look apart from engine bays!!
    The price quoted seems very fair as well, if you were making your craft at the stall it would work out at only 12.50 for the weekend ( did i do the sums right)
    Seems like a bargain to me, wish i lived nearer!!
    http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's a pity I don't live nearer!!
      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

I am interested!

This sounds good so think I will go for it. Anyone else?
        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Your right it sounds real good. But as always i can't go due to the distance and the three kids i'd have in tow. Sounds like a good day out.
          Emma
          Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
          Sassy Crafts Blog
          My Blog

Comment

I'm up for both of those - sound great! I shall download the forms tonight!

And 50% off for demonstrating - Brill!

Laura
            Beyond Beads
            Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
            www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Comment

Pitches...

......this sounds interesting as isn't too far from me.

Your site says pitches are 5m by 5m (15 x 15ft) can you say how big they are? 15ft is 3 metres..

Is just the outdoor pitch? no tables, stalls or electricity included? I'd like to make sure I'm protected from the weather, so can I bring a gazebo?

Thanks

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts
              www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Good weekend

It sounds great I'm intrested. It would give me a chance to get away from the kids and camping that would bring back so memories. Good questions Jules. I would need to invest in table and thingy.
                Joanne

Comment

Too far away for me. The price though is reasonable, especially if you're prepared to do demonstrations. Best of luck.
                  Primmers
                  www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

craft stallholders wanted - Wiltshire

Hi Everyone, great to see such positive response!

Shame for those that are a bit far away but great that some can camp. You can, btw, get access to the site from the Friday Afternoon and don't have to be clear until Monday am.

Just to clarify,

AUGUST SHOW:
                    2 day show (100 pitches)
                    pitches are all outdoors
                    the small pitch is 5 metres by 5 metres (approx 15ft x 15ft)-£50 for w/end
                    the larger pitch is 10m x 10m (approx 30ft x30ft) - £70 for w/end
                    the pitch is just the space, ie no tables etc
                    Gazebos, tents or awnings are welcome but must be within your space (along with your car but you can also park in the public car park area while show is on if you cant fit it in)
                    50% discount if demonstrating

OCTOBER SHOW:
                    4 day show (100 pitches)
                    pitches are all indoors
                    pitches are 4m x 2m (approx 12ft x 6ft) - £150 for the 4 days
                    electricity available
                    pitch is just the space, no tables etc
                    For those that are really keen (bearing in mind how cold Oct can be!) campers welcome!
                    sorry, no discounts available
                    If interested, book soon as not many stands left

Anyone that needs any further info, please do ring us on 07747 804487 or email at [email protected] love to hear from you!

best wishes to all
                    Jo
                    Jo Dunningham

Comment

Hi Jo,

I am definately up for the August event but have a few questions. What exactly do you want in the way of demonstrations? I have never done any before but would be more than happy to bring my beads etc and show people how I do it, but can't offer much more than that.

I'm just waiting on the insurance people and then i will be returning the forms etc!

Laura
                      Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

Hi Laura
                        That is all we need, you sitting and proving it is actually YOU making the products and that they are not bought in. Just being friendly and approachable and proving you are what you are is the main idea and people love to see things being made. Anything that involves the public is great too, eg charge for children/people to make up small items or get them to select bits while you make their own, individual piece 'while they wait' (if practical) etc.

As far as the insurance thing goes, no problem, send in the booking form to reserve your place (you can pay online if easier) and forward insurance details later. So long as you can produce certificate to prove you are insured on day that's fine, most people tend to have copy of the certificate either on display or at least with them on the day anyway.

Look forward to seeing you there!
                        Best wishes
                        Jo
                        Jo Dunningham

Comment

Thanks Jo,

I will definately go for the demonstration rate then. I had thought of making small packs of the raw materials up for people to do themselves anyway and i already offer a custom made while you wait option. Will make my day a bit more interesting too!

I'll book tonight, pay online and forward you the insurance once i have it then! Brill!

Laura
                          Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

Good weekend

Hi Jo this sounds like it could be a great weekend, I can't wait. Is there eletric at the august fair If so I'll be bring my sewing manchine. My forms are in the post well nearly. Jo
                            Joanne

Comment

Craft Village - nr Swindon

Hi Jo
                              Sorry, no electric for August Show as all stands outdoors. Electric is available for the indoor show in October though but I suppose that is not much help really! :[

Did I mention that we are putting on some entertainment in the evening? Should be fun, check out their website steviesolo.co.uk (put www bit in front)

Oh, and got some exciting news (hopefully) for the August show, can't say too much till its finalised but if we get it, it will certainly be a very well attended show!!!!

See you there!
                              Best wishes
                              Jo
                              Jo Dunningham

Comment

Working...
                              X