Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewellery Fair, Northampton, February 14th 2010

Valentine’s Day Jewellery Fair, Northampton

Following discussions on the internet at http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34359 we will be staging a Valentine’s Day Jewellery on Sunday February 14th 2010 in the rather gorgeous Rodber Suite at the Northampton Saints Rugby Club, which provides 1,128 square metres of well lit level ground floor space with good access and 2,000 free car parking spaces in the centre of Northampton. See www.northamptonsaints.co.uk Space is available from just £25 for a 6 foot table, 2 chairs, and access to electricity.

Taking advice from folk who know far more about Jewellery than I do, we will have 10 different categories of Jewellery and will accept bookings from only 10 Jewellers in each of those categories. First come first served.

We will not be accepting Booking Applications from anyone who does not actually make the Jewellery that they offer for sale, as we are determined to exclude the bought-in and manufactured elements that disfigure some “Craft and Gift” Fairs. Should we make the odd mistake on this front, we will reserve the right to ask the person to leave the Craft Fair, and no refunds will be available.

When we are able to judge how successful this format and event have been, we will then look to the viability of possibly repeating the Jewellery Fair annually at that time
    ( just before Valentine’s Day ) or replicating the Fair on another date or dates and possibly at a different venue or venues. We do not envisage ever wanting to do more than 4 in total per year even if wildly successful!

The Jewellery Fair will have a basic table-top format, rather than formalised stand-fitting, in order to maximise the open feel and look. If you have your own display panels which would suit a wall stand, please indicate this on your application. All stands will have access to electricity for display lighting, ( no kettles, toasters, or fan heaters allowed! ) here will be no extra charge for this.

We will be building a web site specifically for the Jewellery Fair, and would appreciate photographs of your stock to add to this. We have the most irritatingly useless telephone system, and recommend that you use e-mail to contact us. We are happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Best wishes
    David Smith & Gillian McNern

Booking Forms available from [email protected]

Best wishes
    David

Hi David

I don't want a stall onthe day but will be happy to help in any way I can. I'm only just outside Northampton, (3 miles up the Bedford Rd) put me down as a volunteer please if you want any.

All the best

Jo

Comment

Working...
    X