Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyonme be interested in a craft fair in Staffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyonme be interested in a craft fair in Staffs?

This is just an idea at the moment and I am only asking for votes of interest at this point...

I am thinking of organising a craft fair at a school in Staffordshire, preferably not too far from where I live (South Staffs) to ease the organisation of it.

I need an idea of how many people would be interested and am also asking for suggestions as to where I could hold it. I am looking for a school in a fairly affluent area (sorry if that's none PC), preferrably on a major road, where posters seen from the road could help bring customers from outside the area. (Thanks Jules!).

I warn you this is only an idea. I would love to do it but plan to do a lot of research first, to make sure it will be a success and that I can manage it as well as my full time job!!! So please post your ideas and interest...NOW!!!
    Last edited by Katianne; 27-03-2007, 08:28 PM.
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Expanding the area...

Ok, so seems there isn't any interest for Staffs, so would any be interested if I expanded the area to Staffs/Derbys/Shropshire? Suggesttion re: where an event could be held would be appreciated as I don't know the areas. Schools, village/community halls etc. Come on everyone!!!
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

It would be great but it just too far for me! Good luck with it though
      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

If i lived closer and could get someone to lookafter the kids then i would be interested but with living this far away i'm going to have to pass. Hope you get some interest though.
        Emma
        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

Hi,
          seem to have missed this thread. In the future I could be interested.
          I am not ready yet for fairs (hoefully soon) but if it's in the future then I would be happy to give it a go.

Steve
          Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
          www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
          Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Comment

Originally posted by katian_krafts View Post
            Ok, so seems there isn't any interest for Staffs, so would any be interested if I expanded the area to Staffs/Derbys/Shropshire? Suggesttion re: where an event could be held would be appreciated as I don't know the areas. Schools, village/community halls etc. Come on everyone!!!
            I would be interested.

Does it have to be a school? I'm sure there must be some great places for fairs in that area????
            Lichfield would be good? (only saying as my parents live there and its near you too)
            But it looks like its just you and me doing it!
            incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
            ___

Comment

No, doesn't have to be a school, it's just that cost wise I've been told its more effective. I had actually been thinking Lichfield and have enquired at a few schools but no luck so far. Any suggestions for venues in Lichfield?
              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

No, doesn't have to be a school, it's just that cost wise I've been told its more effective. I had actually been thinking Lichfield and have enquired at a few schools but no luck so far. Any suggestions for venues in Lichfield?
                Will have a think. Did you try Netherstowe school? thats my old one, not far from the cathedral.
                incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                ___

Comment

No I haven't but will get on to that.
                  Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Ok, have emailed them with an enquirey. Have been looking at Community Centres in Lichfield and the only one that comes up is Curborough Community Centre? I know I'm not that far from Lichfield but I really don't know it very well so am a bit useless!
                    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Ok, have emailed them with an enquirey. Have been looking at Community Centres in Lichfield and the only one that comes up is Curborough Community Centre? I know I'm not that far from Lichfield but I really don't know it very well so am a bit useless!
                      Just a thought from me..........I always think that when craft fairs are held in schools and community centres and such like, people expect the craft items to be cheap...they bring along a £10 note and hope to go away with a few items!....

I find the venue type has a big say in what type of customer it attracts.

I know halls etc are expensive but.......Have you thought of townhalls or hotels, garden centres etc............?

Im in Cheshire, but depending were and when i would be interested in attending and helping out.

Good luck and hope it works out. Brill idea btw
                      Debbie
                      www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

As I said in the introductory thread, my daughter and I would be interested.

All I've been able to find on the carft-fair sites in the West Midlands area are car boot sales, and the customers expect things for ten pence at those.
                        Primmers
                        www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

Great!

If it goes ahead I will update the forum with the info!
                          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Been searching for places around Lichfield, this might be worth a look...
                            http://www.heartofthecountryvillage.com/index.php
                            (not sure whether they do fairs? but is a lovely place. Worth asking)

And this... http://www.curboroughcrafts.co.uk/
                            its an antiques/crafts centre, but has lots of space around for a fair?

Both outdoors though?

Will ask my mum later if she can think of anywhere. x
                            ___

Comment

They both look nice, and both are within very easy reach for me.

I do feel a bit inadequate on this forum though: you've all got your own sites and are clearly craftspeople in the truest sense.

I don't exactly fool about making cards: I started making them as a stressbuster after my mum was diagnosed with two types of cancer last year, and most of my sales - what there have been - have gone to the MacMillan Nurses' charity.

I do feel that I have a flair for it though - I'm not especially artistic, but I do have a good eye for shape, colour and composition.

It's a hobby that numbers its followers in the millions!

Have you thought about contacting the Sandwell Valley people - Sandwell council run craft fairs at the Valley. I have emailed them for details.

I'm not sure how well crafts would go though, in that particular area - it's quite a deprived one, and has a high unemployment rate. I'm not sure how much spare cash people there have to spend.
                              I'll let you know what result I get when the council reply to my email.
                              Primmers
                              www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                              X