Quorn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quorn?

Has anyone ever been to Quorn, Leics or know what its like? There is a craft fair there in August and I was considering doing it, but thought I would try and find out what type of place it is (e.g. will people be prepared to spend money on handmade crafts?).
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

I saw Quorn and thought of the food, not the place!

Not that helpful really

Shana
    Twilight Sewn - A new dimension in craftwork

Comment

Me Too!

I thought of the vegetarian stuff.

I don't know if it's helpful, but the only thing I know about Quorn, is that it has (or had) a huge hunt, very famous the Quorn Hunt.

Usually, where there's a Hunt, there's money - how mercenary does that sound?!

Try this : http://www.quorndon.com

Might help!

Jules
      Apple Tree Crafts
      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

I live in the village right next to Quorn!

Quorn (called quorndon in some places) is a really nice large-ish village with a handful of 'local' shops including a couple of gifty/crafty shops. It's a fairly affluent place, got a good mix of large houses, new housing estates, terraced streets etc. I think a craft fair there would go down well. For a village in Leicestershire it has fairly high house prices - always a good indication of what kind of area it is!

Could I be cheeky and ask for the details of the craft fair. I dont usually do fairs other than Xmas time but I'm curious since its so close. Also I might come and visit you if you attend!
        - A whole world of fluffy stuff.

Comment

Oh no!

Have check edhtier website and the Quorn fair is now fully booked! Shouldn't have got in quicker, although wasn't sure about where it was etc. Thanks for the info - very useful. I have asked to be informed if they have any cancellations. The fair is at Quorn Village Hall on August 5th.
          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I know the village hall, its not very big but on one of the main streets. Might visit and will report back on what it was like for future years lol.
            - A whole world of fluffy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by the felt fairy View Post
              I live in the village right next to Quorn!

Quorn (called quorndon in some places) is a really nice large-ish village with a handful of 'local' shops including a couple of gifty/crafty shops. It's a fairly affluent place, got a good mix of large houses, new housing estates, terraced streets etc. I think a craft fair there would go down well. For a village in Leicestershire it has fairly high house prices - always a good indication of what kind of area it is!

Could I be cheeky and ask for the details of the craft fair. I dont usually do fairs other than Xmas time but I'm curious since its so close. Also I might come and visit you if you attend!
              I also live just outside loughborough, nr quorn. I have been to a craft fair there before (about 2 yrs ago) in the hall... and yes it is a bit small! But as ff said there is a lot of money around that area! I may be interested in showing stuff there next year if anyone gets any details can you pass them on x
              Ta
              incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
              ___

Comment

Working...
              X