Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Organising Craft Fair!

Hi,

I'm orgainising a craft fair in a school Hall in July and really need advice about the best place to start! I've sorted the hall, now the real work starts..... What next??!!! Help!!!!!!

Laura
    Beyond Beads
    Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
    www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Put up posters everywhere you can saying about it but also put details on there for anyone wanting a table to phone and put a phone number on its cheep and it works

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

Advertise!

Put in on every craft forum you can find online.

There are also great tourist & community sites for listing events, and most are free!

Get creative on your printer, and make eye catching posters. Posters advertise your event, but you can also give a contact number for potential stallholders. Put your posters up a few months in advance!

Local shops etc will quite often display these posters free too - supermarkets usually have community boards for events, and it's free.

Ask the place who's hall you've booked to display a poster. If it's a school, ask if the school would send a letter home with kids or add the event to the usual newsletters they send home. Schools are happy to do this if they can make a little money, from a raffle or tombola run at your Fair.

You've got your venue - now check if they'll provide tables, electricity etc. Would the school like to do the catering concession, if you want one?

You've got all my details, you know where I am, so just shout if you need help! <<< shouting smiley, sort of!

Jules
      Last edited by Apple Tree Crafts; 02-03-2007, 11:22 AM.
      Apple Tree Crafts
      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Hi,

You can put them flyers up free of charge in local libraries and community halls.

You can also e-mail local radio stations because they generally have a whats on spot. E-mail as many of them as you can as early as possible.

Hope this helps.
        Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Advertise on www.craft-fair.co.uk
          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks for all your help!

I've been trying to think of a good way to draw people in? People, perhaps, who wouldn't normally think of going to a Craft fair.

So far i've thought of : Perhaps giving it a different title? Face Painting? Demonstrations for kids? Music?

Has anyone else tried anything in the past? What do you all think?

Laura
            Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

I think if you can offer things that kids can get involved in that is always a plus. Is it going to be over the summer holidays? If so, even better, as parents may need things for the kids to get involved in.

Ask local businesses if they will display your posters too. make sure they are bright and eye catching. Hope its goes well for you! Where abouts is it you're holding it?
              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Provisonally Sat 7th July at Bradley Stoke Community School, Bristol.

I thought it would be best to avoid school hols as i'd loose the exposure through people attending the school.

I really need some new ideas to pull people in as that's the most important bit!!!
                Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X