Craft Fairs in Exeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Fairs in Exeter

Would anyone be interested in Craft Fairs in Exeter city centre?

We've been asked to arrange some and they are proposed for 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th (all Saturdays) in August. From 9.00am to 5.00pm. The last Saturday, 25th, is Bank holiday weekend which will mean more people still.

It's an outdoor event, to be held in Fore St because of the new construction taking place in High St.

Each crafter will have a covered market stall, which will be brand new and should all look very professional! At the moment stall sizes are either 2 or 3 metres deep but all are 2 metres wide. Tables should be included as part of the stall.

Cost per stall per individual Saturday is £65 or, if you book all four Saturdays it's £240. You can pay in installments if you wish.

I know this is a lot of money, but when you think of the potential sales from 23,000+ shoppers, it's not too bad. Sales always reflect the venue & location and this is a fantastic location in a beautiful, busy city.

Jules
    Last edited by Apple Tree Crafts; 23-04-2007, 03:10 PM. Reason: details added
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Yes Indeedy! I certainly am interested!
    Beyond Beads
    Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
    www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Comment

re craft fairs in exeter

Hi, I'd certainly be interested, I haven't long moved to Exeter and don't drive so i'm finding it hard to find locations I can get to!

Comment

O wow, £70! That's too much for me me thinks! I'd have petrol from Bristol as well as parking so would need to make £100 profit to even break even! I'm thinking i'm too small of a business for these ones - sorry!
        Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

Potential Sales for Exeter

are estimated to be £300+ per day going on previous events of a similar nature held in Exeter. I'm not sure where these figures came from but I'm inclined to think they are very general.

I would say that for good quality, handmade goods, they are probably about right.

It is a big outlay, I understand that. I guess you have to decide whether or not it's worth it.

I'm outlaying £3000+ for setting up the two Taunton craft fairs alone.....which is a huge financial commitment when we're on a tight budget, but I truly believe in what we're doing.

Jules
          Last edited by Apple Tree Crafts; 05-03-2007, 12:00 AM. Reason: agghh...spelling
          Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Off to Exeter Today...

Going to check out the Farmer's Market, which is on the same site as our Craft Fair will be!

Sun's shining too, promises to be a lovel day!

Jules
            Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

The Exeter Report

What a lovely day!

When we arrived the Farmer's Market was in full swing on the same site that we're using for the Craft Fairs. It wasn't crowded out, but then it was very steady all day.

Most stalls had between 3 and 5 people at them nearly all day. I was surprised at this because just down the road (v. handy for lunch at the Craft Fairs!!) is a new organic food centre called FoodEaze, which must be direct competition for the farmers. We had lunch there - a Brazilian bbg, Churrasco, incredibly good and only £3.50 each.

The Craft Fairs will be L-shaped with some stalls arranged inside the L. They were trialling one of the new stalls today and it looked incredibly smart! The site itself is a huge street corner sandwiched between Fore St & the High St. It's just at the end of Cathedral Yard, and is in good view of the Cathedral and all the visitors. Everything's shaping up, and it's looking really good!

It was announced today that there will be a bigger stall, which we can offer at reduced prices as it will be big enough to fit four crafters inside, sharing. This is great news for crafters just starting out.

We've also found out that the discount for booking more than one Saturday will be bigger than we'd first thought. So, more good news!

We met with the Town Centre Management, and were able to chat and get final details ironed out. Hopefully info packs will be available by the end of next week!

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Sounds lovely! I really wish i could just say yes and have a stall! I'm thinking i may pop down and have a gander either way it sounds fab!

Either way, i'd like an info pack when you have them!
                Laura
                Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

Spreading the Costs...

After chatting with a lot of crafters, many of whom are just starting out, Himself & I have decided that we need to do something about the cost of stalls.

We can't make costs any less, but we can spread the payments out. If you've had a Taunton info pack, or you're interested in coming, we have decided to accept bookings with a deposit of £25.00.

The remainder of the amount can then be divided equally into three payments and paid monthly. So, if you booked both days at Taunton, you would send a cheque for £25.00 with your booking form, and three monthly payments of £25.00 thereafter. This also applies to Exeter, although the costs would be different depending on how many dates you wanted.

I think it's more workable this way, it's kind of scary having to outlay all the money at once. I've posted this on the Taunton thread too.

Jules
                  Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Just Bumping...

Plenty of spaces left!

Jules
                    Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Extra Free Publicity!!

ECC have just asked anyone booking to submit photographs of their crafts to me, and these photos will then appear in all the leaflets, fliers, posters and adverts that ECC are circulating throughout Devon and South Somerset.

So, if you book for Exeter, you'll have all that lovely free advertising featuring your crafts, thrown in!

Jules
                      Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Jules

What crafts have you got interested/booked for Exeter so far?

Annette
                        Annette

Comment

Lots...

There are lots, but off the top of my head - a few jewellers, a ceramicist (sp?), an artist, a potter, a soapmaker. Lots of space for more though!

Jules
                          Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

I have A Question.....

....lots of people have expressed interest in these four Saturdays, but back off rapidly when they discover that we are organising them in conjucntion with Exter City Council's Markets Division.

Why?

The Markets Div are only supplying the lovely new stalls and the site, safely providing electricity and throwing £1000's worth of publicity at these Craft Saturdays....all of which is really great.

Any input would be appreciated. Is it the site? The dates? The cost?

This is causing me huge amounts of grief...help!

Jules
                            Last edited by Apple Tree Crafts; 22-05-2007, 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling
                            Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Jules

I am interested in the second date in August only - have just got insurance sorted (another long story!!). Now need to photograph goodies, and need to put more of my ideas into reality over the next week and then photograph those as well.

Have had to stay at home today and will be tomorrow as my youngest has been awefully sick, the worst I've ever seen and of course the other too, if you know what I mean. Try9ing to keep his fluids up has been a nightmare. Honestly never seen him so bad, he's normally a very bouncy chap.

Oh well. I will e-mail you when I have got myself together.
                              Annette

Comment

Working...
                              X