Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rained Off - Where do I stand?

Hi All,

I've had a fair booked for quite a while but I was wondering where I would stand if it has been cancelled due to heavy rain. Would I reimbursed?
    Has anyone had any experience of this happening before?
    Website; www.hannimaydesigns.co.uk
    Blog; www.hannimaydesigns.blogspot.com
    Folksy; www.folksy.com/shops/HanniMayDesigns

When I was completing a form for one of the outdoor events I did earlier this year, I noticed a clause in the conditions that stated if it was called off due to bad weather that there would be no refund but as it was only £10 I took the risk anyway.

I would check the booking conditions and see if it mentions it.

Comment

I have emailed the organisers because as yet they have not notified me as to whether or not it has been cancelled. Other shows in the area have put something on their websites to say it has been cancelled due to heavy rain but not the one I booked.
      Website; www.hannimaydesigns.co.uk
      Blog; www.hannimaydesigns.blogspot.com
      Folksy; www.folksy.com/shops/HanniMayDesigns

Comment

All depends..

If I ran a fair then all the money would of been spent on advertising etc so wouldn't refund anyone .. but hey thats me

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
        (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

I had two cancelled last year (either the day before or on the day)due to bad weather and both where refunded, they are were organised by councils, so not sure if that makes a difference. There was two further ones where i decided not to go because of weather, and the risk of damaged stock out weighed the cost.

Comment

Ones ive done in the past have said in the term & conditions that if cancelled due to unforseen circumstances, which are out of the orgainsers control. There would be no refund.
            www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

I cant see how they can give a refund if its down to an "act of God" even insurance policies have this clause.

As Mr Media says if the organiser has to cancel the day before then all the advertising etc would have been done so will they be able to give a refund???
              Diane
              Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

This is hard because it seems to vary from -
                historical reenactor's fairs and music festivals which must be attended by right well hard cookies (or completely mad people) where no one gives up, traders or punters, whatever the weather is throwing at us...
                to the ones mentioned above - refunded - or not.
                There is one organiser who held several fairs that were all washouts, in the year of the floods, who let us have a fair free to try to cheer us up.
                Annieanna

Comment

Working...
                X