Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Advertising at Craft Fairs

Hi All,

Wonder if you can help? Not having a huge budget I can't afford to get my company name and logo printed onto on of those nice big banner things. What do you do to let people know what you do at fairs?

A lot of event organisers say you can't have any hand written signs so I run off A4 sheets of paper, get them laminated and put them up but wondered if anyone else had better ideas?
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Ads for your Stand?

Is that what you mean?

I've got a big cloth that I put on my table, and I have Apple Tree Crafts appliqued onto it along the front.

You can do the same thing to an ordinary table cloth or fabric even if you don't sew....cut your letters out from Bondaweb, iron them to the fabric you're using for lettering, then cut out the letters, remove the backing paper and iron onto your cloth. Be careful about positioning them, play about first for the best effect before ironing them on finally.

I don't have a sign as such to put on the table, but I always run off a pile of leaflets from the computer to have on the table for the public to help themselves to.

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

That's exactly what I was looking for. I never, ever thought to actually put the sign on the tablecover, always trying to get the cards stuck up with sticky tape on the back wall (and that's no mean feat when your in a marquee).

I will do that thanks for much for your help and it will draw peoples eye to your table too.

Many thanks
      Bowed Over
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I Forgot...

......I ought to have said that you can blow up the fonts from your computer in wordpad or paint, and use them as stencils! One of the best to enlarge is called Porky's.

You might have to download it, but it's usually on all the free font sites.

Jules
        Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Thanks for the Jules, I was just getting ready to have a bash there. Will let you know how I get on .

Cheers
          Lisa
          Bowed Over
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

i used one of those desk name things from staples. it's acrylic and triangular. you can see it in the middle of this photo, on top of a basket....

i also use handouts/postcards/business cards too which are on the stall for people to take, as well as putting them into the bag with everything i sell (you can see those bottom left and right)
            Steph http://www.handmadeheaven.biz
            Contemporary, fun, funky fused glass gifts, art and jewellery

BLOG: http://glassygoodies.blogspot.com The life, times, work and waffle of a fused glass artist...

Comment

Excellent thanks for that. I have business cards but I will need to make up flyers.
              Bowed Over
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

this shows them in a bit more detail. basically i needed to get the info about me & my products to the stall customers - the same info i have on my website. i've bought things from craftsmen before and when you have information about the person who's made it i think it gives it more value and makes it a bit more special the info handouts are the 3rd lots in from the left. they're double-sided and run through a bit about the company, a bit about the products and how they're made, ending up with a bit about me. all my contact details are on there. they're just photocopies so it's an inexpensive way to get info across to people & doesnt break the bank! i sneakily did mine at work so cost 0p shhh

Steph http://www.handmadeheaven.biz
                Contemporary, fun, funky fused glass gifts, art and jewellery

BLOG: http://glassygoodies.blogspot.com The life, times, work and waffle of a fused glass artist...

Comment

I have just ordered something from ebay from a shop called UK Display. It's a clear poster holder, which consists of two pieces for clear plastic and an insertion slot in between, so you can display your own sign, poster etc. I have inserted a picture for you. The one I ordered also has a business card holder, so people can help themselves. I also ordered a leaflet holder. They do all sorts and I think are worth a look.

I think everyones elses ideas are really good too.

Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks for all your help. I certainly had a lot to go on.

Many, many thanks all.

Lisa
                    Bowed Over
                    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I know you've probably got loads of ideas there but here's a couple more to keep you thinking!

Could you possibly make small wax letters to spell your name out? I know this will take a bit of budget but it depends how many fairs you will be doing. It would look really professional.

Or how about getting someone good with woo to jigsaw some wooden letters out of mdf or plywood and paint them. It wouldn't cost a lot and should look good.

Just a thought!
                      ~Vikki~

Soggy Cornflakes ~ Kids don't have instructions!
                      My Shop! ~ Cards & Gifts

Comment

That's certainly a good idea, my husband is handy with the old jigsaw so could pester him to cut some out of MDF.

The wax idea is quite good too. Would need to see about what I could do to get moulds with letters! I know you can get the little happy birthday candles so someone out there must be able to do it!
                        Bowed Over
                        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Hiya
                          We tend to have the business cards, flyers,They don't have to be expensive if you have software like microsoft publisher they are really easy to produce. Labels on the back of all items. We have a banner on the front of the table clothe and also wooden letters along the front of the table with our company name. We did also think about having teashirts printed??????.
                          When we organise a craft fair for ourselves we also include a flyer with details of all our craft fair stall holders. This has been really successful and i know many have had a lot of business from them. Even down to other organizers contacting them with future events.
                          http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

Comment

Another Idea....

We have aprons with our business name on. Mine is a full apron with Apple Tree Crafts appliqued on the pocket and our logo on the bib. I keep all my float change in a lockable box, but notes & cheques go into my apron pocket!

Himself (a chef) is going to have a more macho half-apron with Apple Tree Fairs appliqued onto the pocket for the Spring Fair in May, as he's doing the catering concession.

Here's a photo of my aprons; the giraffe is a commission, and going out to USA. The pockets are double lined, and I use felt to make the appliques which match the pockets. On my apron, I have felt lettering on a plain pocket and an apple in felt on the bib.

Jules

Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

T shirts are a good idea, if you're not a sewer!

You can pick up t shirt transfer paper and print your own.....
                              ~Vikki~

Soggy Cornflakes ~ Kids don't have instructions!
                              My Shop! ~ Cards & Gifts

Comment

Working...
                              X