Brick Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick Lane

I came across this purely by chance. I am no way good enough or anywhere near doing anything like this but i thought it may interest some of you more talented and experienced crafts people

There is a Market every Sunday in Brick Lane, well several, but this once seems geared soley towards hand made products and they are taking stall enquiries. I have no idea about costs etc but knowing how packed Brick Lane is of a weekend it may be worth investigating for some people?

Anyway here is the link http://www.sundayupmarket.co.uk/index.html

Jo
    x
    www.alongcamejo.squarespace.com

Well I hope Brick Lane has changed from when I was last there!!!!!

It sounds like the whole area is being regenerated which is a really good thing, do you think they are trying to get like Covent Garden?
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
      Well I hope Brick Lane has changed from when I was last there!!!!!

It sounds like the whole area is being regenerated which is a really good thing, do you think they are trying to get like Covent Garden?
      I was thinking the same but more along the lines of Camden. I have lived in London 10 years and never been to Brick Lane and wanted to go so was looking whats there hence i found this
      www.alongcamejo.squarespace.com

Comment

I used to live near Brick Lane and still visit from time to time. I think the Sunday market is fab, and it is very popular (last time I visited was about a year ago). I much prefer it to Camden market, which I find cliched and seedy.

Last time at Brick Lane I bought an amazing photographic print at a very reasonable price. The photographer scrunches up the film so the image comes out looking like a silk scarf. There's also lots of digital art, and I remember buying some lovely home-printed cards for about a pound each.

And there's a fantastic range of food stalls for lunchtime - the Rainforest Stall (vegetarian super healthy and tasty) is the best in my opinion, which was near the rear exit to the area out the back with all the pavement cafes, last couple of times I was there.

Edited to add: I'm talking about the main market. I've not been to the one in the link, at the Truman Brewery - but I do know that it's a great venue, and close to the main market.
        Last edited by funky_bunny; 24-06-2009, 08:26 PM.
        http://www.beadminster-jewellery.co.uk

http://www.beadminster.etsy.com

Comment

I had an apartment in Shoreditch, sold it in 2006, very easy access to Brick Lane, but never went there except for curry! I know it is swarming with people and I will be looking into this as an option. The area is still an uncomfortable mix IMO of very modern, upmarket and how shall I say...... not so much. Thanks for the link though - I feel a visit to Brick Lane coming up!
          Terry xxx
          You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
          Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Fabby markets

In my opinion the Upmarket and the Backyard market are the best craft markets I've found in London - lots of young super talented people making fantastic things that are truly unique. I'd love to know of anything similar or if anyone knows anywhere that they think rivals these markets - they are the best! Be warned though, if you do a stall at either of these we found there were millions of people, but most of them were just looking, not parting with money and the fact that there was so much other great stuff worked a little to our detriment as we had stiff competition! But it was great fun and well worth it anyway.

Comment

Fabby but not young

Alas where can we super talented middle-aged people go to sell our fabulous unique creations?

One of life's eternal questions I would hazard a guess.

Anita
              Silvergirl
              www.contemporarycraft.co.uk

Comment

didnt mean to offend!

whoops what i meant to say was 'lots of super talented people'...!
                there was such a varied crowd there of sellers and buyers, you should do a stall : )

Comment

No offence

No offence taken at all. I was just practising my grumpy old lady routine. I figure if start at 47 & 3/4 I'll be an expert by the time I'm elderly!

Anita
                  Silvergirl
                  www.contemporarycraft.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X