Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone be interetsed in a Bristol (Bradley Stoke Community School) Craft fair?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone be interetsed in a Bristol (Bradley Stoke Community School) Craft fair?

Hi all!

I'm thinkng about organising a craft fair at Bradley Stoke Community School in Bristol, probably early July.

Would anyone be interested in a table?

Also, does anyone have any ideas for something to make the event a little different? I want something unusual to draw people in really.

Any advice on the best way to organise these things would be hugely appreciated as i'm a newbie!!

Thanks,
    Laura
    Beyond Beads
    Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
    www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Music...

I am toying with the idea of a band or group if we do the big outdoor Taunton event...noise draws a crowd. But that's as far as I have got with the idea.....no idea on the cost or who's available

I would love to do BS community school, but I'm working in July doing shop cover for friends and also for my mother in law, so they can have holidays.

So far, it's been easy organising the Cheddar Fair. I've advertised everywhere I possibly can that's free online, and also community boards, in local shops etc is usually free. Also, getting measurements of your available space to do a floor plan is really helpful, and find out from the school exactly what space and equipment (tables etc) you have use of.
    Good luck with everything!

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Thanks.

I thought of the band thing, my partner is in a rock band but his brother is in a jazz band so i can probably get one on the cheap! Fingers crossed. Do you think a jazz band would be good to draw people in? It won't be outside but i thought it would be something a bit different to draw people in.

How did you go about getting stall holders in? That's probably the most important thing!!!

Laura
      Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

Craft Events at Bradley Stock

Hiya

I would definately be interested if you did an event in Bradley Stoke. I live in Kingswood and there are not that many events in the local area.

I have been doing events since last year and it is just a hobby but I do find that some of the events are so expensive for a stall. Most are around £30-£40 for 1 table.

Some of the best events I did last year were in Schools and Hospitals as the cost of a table was around £10-£15 which is much more reasonable.

I make and sell Handcrafted Cards but I have had to try other things cos when your cards cost £2-£3 on average you need to sell an awful lot before you get anywhere near covering your costs. If you make the price of what you are selling too high then people don't buy.

The cost of the table for the exhibitors is key to getting people to attend as well as good advertising.

Good Luck!!
        Willowmax
        Handcrafted Cards for Special Occassions
        www.willowmaxdesign.com

email - [email protected]

Comment

I may be interested. I actually live in Staffs but am originally from Wiltshire, with friends and family still living in the area. I have booked a few craft fairs in Wilts and plan to stay with friends/family during the weekends. Please PM me when you have more details!!!
          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks for your interest!

I'm glad other people struggle as much as i do to find events in this area!

I will contact you and post again when i have more final details.

Thanks again,
            Laura
            Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

Would also be very interested. My daughter has been making her own cards for just over a year now. She's been doing really well selling to friends and family but now fancies "branching out"! BS is local to us, so would be a great place to start.

Comment

I'm new to this site, but came accross this thread whilst 'googling'; craft fairs bristol! I live in Fishponds and would be interested in selling in Bradley Stoke if you're successful in organising a fair. Best of luck!

[email protected]

Comment

Hi,

I'm in the process of finalising everything with the venue etc so should have more details in the next couple of weeks! I will send out information packs as soon as possible!

Thanks for your interest,
                  Laura
                  Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

I would certainly be interested. I sell original photographic prints.
                    Please let me know how this proceeds.

Ta,

Colin.

Comment

Always up for a new venue but it's a bit far from Scarborough.

Good luck though!
                      Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
                      Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Craft avents

Hi

I have just joined the craft forum.
                        I know you e-mail was back in 2007, but how did you get on, are you still having craft fairs if so do you have spaces for hand made cards and jewellery.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeee Happy

Carol
                        Last edited by Beacaroled; 28-02-2008, 07:28 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling

Comment

Bradley Stoke

Hi

I'd be really interested in a stall selling my glass jewellery. Could you please keep me updated about how the plans go?

Thank you

Pippa

Comment

Hi Laura,

I’m not so sure a live band would go hand in hand with a indoor craft fair …but it’s different I grant you that! Where will they play? Will you have a stage area taking up valuable stall space? Will the stall holders be able to hear the customers?? Sorry, it’s just my personal thoughts.

A couple of simple and cheap ideas I had to make your fair a bit different and to encourage visitors are …

Assuming there will be public passing your event in some way (either going past the school or attending the fete or whatever) you will need to attract them into the fair. One way could be to have a team of helpers who hand out flyers (these can be cheaply produced by designing them on a computer, printing them off and bulk copying them at Staples) to passing members of the public. Do it like the big retailers do and dress the team in the same colour T shirts to add to the effect.

The flyers will both advertise the fair and also be a ticket to a free prize draw that will take place during the day inside your fair! There could be more than one prize and therefore more than one draw. Do them at different times to keep people interested. The prizes could be items donated by the stall holders in return for free advertising on the flyer!!

Another quick way to get people in is to hand out free tea and coffee vouchers which again also advertise your fair. Hot drinks are fairly cheap to provide but check with the school regarding health and safety and food hygiene regulations.

Just a couple of thoughts. Hope it goes well.

Regards.
                            Fair Do.

Fair Do's!

Comment

Sorry guys but the fair already happened last year! Perhaps you could email Beyond Beads to see if she is organising any more? You can do this by going into her username / profile.
                              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X