Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Co-operative in St Albans needs new crafters

Hi Everyone,

I am part of a craft co-operative in St Albans, Hertfordshire. We have shop premises in 23 George Street, St Albans where a number of us display & sell our work. We pay a weekly rent for our space & all work at least half a day a week to keep the shop open 7 days a week. We now have spaces available to rent, with rent starting from as little as £12.50 per week. Its a great first step into selling your crafts & also a good time to get in before the lead up to Christmas.
    Unfortunatley at present we are full for jewellery makers.
    If any one is interested, please drop me an email for further information or pop along to the shop.

Thanks
    Julie
    Julie
    www.buzzybeads.co.uk

What an excellent idea. I am impressed that you have such a good thing going - unfortunately I am too far away or I'd definitely be interested. A friend of mine who is a fine art silversmith and I would love to do something similar but appropriate premises at affordable rents are hard to find. Well done to all of you. I shall have to look you up if I am in the area - just re-read your post and see you have given contact details - great!

Good luck for your continued success.

Fi
    www.artistsandillustrators.co.uk/FionaHumphrey (portfolio page)

Comment

I just googled your place and it looks fantastic - a sign to all of us that it can be done, am impressed and spurred on. I hope you all go from strength to strength.

Fi
      www.artistsandillustrators.co.uk/FionaHumphrey (portfolio page)

Comment

That reminds me I most pop in and say hello

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
        (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Yes I wish we had something in Northants similar, but finding anything in a good place for a reasonable rent etc is almost impossible.

Comment

Sounds like a fantastic idea - and you're only up the road a bit from me so I'm going to pop in and could possibly be interested in available space.

Ursula
            Ursula

Twitter:

Comment

Hi Jules
              Have pm'd you.

Comment

St.albans craft association

Hi there

how fantastic, somewhere close by at last. What a shame you are not taking any more Jewellers. when you are in the market for another local jewller i am local in Hichin and would be very interested.

Many thanxs

Marie
                Craft couture.
                [email protected]

Comment

Hi

Hi Julie,

I am interested in this. I have sent you a PM.

Thanks
                  Kavitha

Comment

what a fabulous venture - I have always wanted a permanent shop rather than individual fairs/markets etc. I live in Kent so St Albans is a bit too far for me (although i know it well - I'm a Watford girl originally) but it would be great if my sister and I could come and visit and possibly steal your ideas for down our way - would you object??
                    Liz
                    http://www.soapiehandmadesoaps.com
                    [email protected]

Comment

Hi

The Shop is open 7 days a week, 9.30 - 5pm Monday - Friday, 9.30 - 5.30pm Saturday & 1pm - 5pm Sundays.

Any visitors welcome, we would love to see you.
                      Julie
                      www.buzzybeads.co.uk

Comment

looking for cheap property

Just thougth I would add to the lady looking for property, there is supposedly a goverment scheme which enables the council to let properties that are standing empty at a reduced rates (art and crafts) something to do with trying to rejuvinate the high street.
                        Hope this is helpful

Comment

Just to let you all know that we still have some places available for new crafters, if you live near to St Albans, pop along & have a browse to see if you would be interested in joining our Craft Co-operative.
                          Julie
                          www.buzzybeads.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X