Public Liability Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Liability Insurance

Wondered if anyone could help. Have just received forms through for my first craft fair and it mentions having to have Public Liabilty insurance. Is this typical, and can anyone point me in the right direction to obtain it if so.
    Thanks
    www.loulabelleathome.blogspot.com
    www.loulabelleathome.etsy.com

www.ianwwallace.co.uk

Specifically for crafts people

Comment

Craft insurance

Hi,

I had to do the same recently when I started to attend craft fairs . I used craftinsurance.co.uk and did it online. It was quick and easy.

Perhaps there are other better options- but this is the one I used. You can look at this site to get an idea of craft insurance.

Good luck..

Kavitha

Comment

I also use craft insure. Have dome for a few years now and they seem to be one of the cheapest and easy to apply.
        www.spanglefish.com/sharondinnie(welcome)

Comment

Yes, it's typical, and necessary. I use ian wallace too.
          Celia
          I can't be creative and tidy too
          www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
          The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
          Jencel on Facebook

Comment

another vote for Ian Wallace here, it was very easy to set up online, and he actually phoned not long after i hit submit, just a courtesy call to make sure that I had what I wanted/needed, and for the £67 a year or thereabouts, it's definatly worth having, I have both public and product liability.

Ian is a really nice person.
            www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Hi,

I joined the National Market Traders Federation (Google NMTF). You become a member of a fantastic organisation and get 5 Million public liability, 5 Million product liability and 10 Million employers liability with it ! You also get loads of legal cover, stall signs and regular magazines. All the market traders are members so it is like being in a big club !!!
              Preserving your items and memories in Handmade custom jewellery Keepsake Gifts

Comment

Seems essential these days (although some fairs can cover their exhibitors in their insurance - in fact i am arranging one of these!) .

I need to sort it out myself, but i do so few fairs I just cant make it worth my while.

However someone pointed me towards http://www.a-n.co.uk/ (artists information company). If you buy a subscription to their magazine you get public liability insurance included - and its cheaper than all the others I have seen suggested.

Anyone use this or heard of this because I am pretty tempted?
                www.AREjewellery.etsy.com
                http://arehandmadejewellery.blogspot.com/
                http://www.folksy.com/shops/AREjewellery

Comment

I haven't heard of that one Amy, will have to have a look when I'm not feeling half asleep though
                  *I Love Handmade*
                  www.littlemillie.folksy.com
                  www.urbancraftdesigners.etsy.com
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlemillie/

Comment

Originally posted by shpangle View Post
                    Hi,

I joined the National Market Traders Federation (Google NMTF). You become a member of a fantastic organisation and get 5 Million public liability, 5 Million product liability and 10 Million employers liability with it ! You also get loads of legal cover, stall signs and regular magazines. All the market traders are members so it is like being in a big club !!!
                    NMTF are great, providing that you do not wholesale, do parties or workshops.

Jane
                    www.just-soaps.com
                    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Ooo Jane. I hadn't spotted the wholesale. What get out clause do they use for that? Am I being a whole saler saying buy 10 get one free?
                      (I actually say buy 100 and the price is lower on two things.)
                      AnnieAnna

Comment

Thanks everyone

Would just like to thank everyone for helping out. Am new to all of this so it is fantastic to be able to tap into other people. Will have a look at my options.
                        Cheers
                        www.loulabelleathome.blogspot.com
                        www.loulabelleathome.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                        X