Food Hampers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Hampers

Hi, does anyone know if there are any laws around producing hampers from Pre-packaged goods? I have seen all the emails about Hygiene certificates, labelling and so forth but they all seem to refer to when you bake or bottle yourself.
    Also are there any laws, apart from the age issue, about selling knives or alcohol in the sets, for example a cheese knife or a bottle of port?
    We are thinking of selling at craft fairs and to work colleagues, neighbours, etc.
    Thanks in advance

Hi
    to the forum.
    I can't help with your question, apart from to suggest that you contact your local Trading Standards Office - they are really helpful and will put you on the right track.

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I believe if you want to include alcohol in your hampers you'd need to obtain the same licence that shops and restaurants have for selling booze - we looked into it briefly a few years ago and it looked like quite a bit of hassle and expense.
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

You will definitely need a license to sell alcohol of any kind. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't have to jump through some legal hoops to sell anything with a blade on it and would reinforce the suggestion to check with your local Trading Standards office.

Your local business advice centre should also be able to advise you.

Linda

Comment

Yes, you need a licence to sell alcohol - even as a gift item.. and indeed a cheese knife counts as a blade, so you cannot sell your completed hampers to under agers..

You should not have any problems other than that if you are using pre packaged items, your food items will all have their appropriate labels, and best before/use by dates, though you may want to double check that the shelf life of the components is matched by the probable shelf life of you hamper.. I have received a hamper in the past where a christmas Pudding had a November "best before" date

Comment

Working...
          X