X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft-Sale, Oakwood, North London

Buy Bits & Bobs, Sell Odds & Sods.
    May the 16th 10 - 12noon.

Looking for fabulous handmade gifts, crafting supplies, ingenius ideas and some friendly faces? Then just down the road from Oakwood tube station you’ll find this hidden gem of the London craft scene.

Got some brilliant crafty creations you want to sell or box full of off-cuts, buttons, rubber stamps and more that you want to sell on? Why not book up a table... to find out more head on over to:

craft-sale co uk

Hope to see you there.
    j

Craft-Sale
    Family run craft events in London.
    www.craft-sale.co.uk

???????????

Hi

I don't mean to offend but I am not sure that describing the very talented forum members' creations as 'odds & sods' is entirely appropriate or will get you a great response!! I know that you are also referring to craft supplies but the thead also suggest you are looking for crafters.

Also you might like to introduce yourself to the forum first - it is the usual thing to do. Assuming you are going to do this - to the forum!!

Last edited by claredorett; 06-05-2009, 08:58 AM.
    Clare
    Dorett Events
    [email protected]

Comment

craft-sale.

Must admit to agreeing with Clare on this one. Buy Bits & Bobs, Sell Odds & Sods - not the best way to promote your craft sale. I certainly wouldn't like my handmade candles referred to as odd and sods. Sorry.
      Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
      Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
      Facebook Page

Comment

Odds & Sorrys

Firstly let me apologize to everyone that was offended, and secondly a big HELLO to everybody!

What we wanted to do was hold an event that wasn't just about beautiful finished works... we know that there are some very talented people out there.

We also know that people who love creativity and making beautiful things (like ourselves I might add) end up with boxes full of 'bits' be it old sizzex machines, boxes of buttons, stamps, glazes, paints, little nobbly things you've forgotten what they do...

We also know a number of people who don't want to sell their finished craft, because they do it for the love of it not money. But these same people sometimes have an entire room of old bits that they'd like to go to a good home and would hate to throw away.

We wanted to sum up the idea of a craft sale where it was ok to bring and sell these bits as well as the finished pieces. We didn't want to call it a craft-carboot sale... We'd looked around but never found anywhere else (ebay aside) that sold on the interesting little bits.

But if my clumsy word play has suggested anything other than enthusiasm and a cheeky smile... then I'll go back to the drawing board.
        Last edited by craft-sale; 07-05-2009, 01:47 AM.
        j

Craft-Sale
        Family run craft events in London.
        www.craft-sale.co.uk

Comment

Hi craft-sale

We arty crafty people can be a tad sensitive about our work. Selling bits and bob ie left over supplies not a problem. It was just the phrasing of somebody's finished work as odd and sods. I know it's used elsewhere but I prefer "pre-loved" as a more suitable tag on these items.

Trouble with written posts is that it they can be easily be misinterpreted. Apology accepted
          Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
          Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
          Facebook Page

Comment

hello and

You're just up the road a bit from me and I had no idea about this or that there was a craft community in the area It's good to know, crafters are hard to find in north London.

Unfortunately I am already triple booked for other things on 16th, seems to be a popular day for doing things, so can't make it, despite having a lot of craft supplies that I want to destash to make more space. Will you be doing this again in the near future?
            Elinor
            x

My Misi page
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
            X