Promoting My Fair!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promoting My Fair!

I'm organising my 1st craft fair at the end of the month and now the panic is starting to set in! I've got a lovely mix of stalls and am now concentrating on the advertising but am paranoid that no matter how much advertising I do no one will turn up!!

So far, I've got the fair listed on all of the big fair websites as well as visitstoke.co.uk (the local tourist board's website). I've submitted an entry to the staffs moorlands website but they seem quite slow at updating their site.

My fair is being organised on behalf of my Brownie unit so obviously it's being promoted to all of their parents, plus the Rainbows, Guides, Beavers, Cubs & Scouts. I'm the district commissioner for the area Guiding and so have the fair advertised at all of the other unit's venues as well as distributing it within the wider Guiding Community in North Staffs.

I'm also fortunate that the Brown Owl of a neighbouring Brownie pack is a journalist for the Leek Post & Times and she has promised me some publicity in the local paper. I'm also going to contact the other local paper and the local radio to see if they will make announcements for us.

I've printed posters to put up in every co-op, post office, newsagents, toddler group, village hall etc that I can get to. I went along to the Burslem Arts & Crafts Festival on Sunday and handed out leaflets to visitors there.

I'm currently in the process of making a 3m wide banner that will be hung at the side of the road on scaffolding (we have the scaffolding kit already as the Scouts organise one of the area's biggest bonfires each year). I'm also making flourescent signs to stake into the grass verges on approach to the venue.

I really don't think I can be doing any more. However, if anyone has any other ideas on how I get folks through the door please let me know!

Thanks
    A starting to get panicked Claire!
    x
    "A house without a bear is like a face without a smile!" ME

Web: www.pawprints.org.uk
    Misi: www.pawprints.misi.co.uk
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-...104?ref=search

Drugs torture and abduction would seem the only unexplored avenues to me!

Sounds like you have done lots and lots, I am sure it will be a success.. a bit of nerves beforehand is to be expected

Comment

hey hun when is it? and where? and have you posted on netmums and potteries free to chat? also the advertiser we always look in for places to go hth xxx

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

Comment

very excited!!

when and where and how much for a table cos I would love to be considered for a stall if still room. I make handmade cards and do glass pendant necklaces with handmade gift boxes. I would be happy to donate one of these to the cause too!
        Very excited as you are much closer than the derbyshire fairs am currently travelling too!
        Cheers!!
        www.safimelcardsandpendants.co.uk

Comment

Sounds like you have got it covered. Have you let your stall holders have leaflets to give out wherever they are exhibiting beforehand? If you are not able to send leaflets (saving on postage etc) I found that sending a PDF file with four leaflets on a page which could be printed out by the stallholder worked well - also many were prepared to have a poster in that format and print it out for advertising where they were based.

Hope you have a great fair.
          Cynthia
          http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

I always ask organisers for flyers, I then make them up to A3 or A4, laminate them and put them on my stall when I am within a 10 mile radius for small event or 50mile radius for a larger event.

I feel it is for us the stall holders to also take an active part in promoting the events we invest in.

I also advertise the events I shall be at on my web site

Jane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I have started to make up an A5 flyer of the events i'm currently attending. So not only promoting myself but all the events i'm attending in the year in one leaflet.

Comment

Originally posted by buffybaskey View Post
                hey hun when is it? and where? and have you posted on netmums and potteries free to chat? also the advertiser we always look in for places to go hth xxx
                Hi,

It's on 31st May and in Stockton Brook, Stoke on Trent - more info is on our website 1stocktonbrookbrownies.org.uk/craftfair.htm

Yes we've got it on netmums. Not heard of potteries free to chat, so am off to investigate that one! Will also contact the advertiser I always forget that one as we don't get a copy where we are!!!

Thanks for the help
                Claire
                x

Comment

Originally posted by Meljov5 View Post
                  when and where and how much for a table cos I would love to be considered for a stall if still room. I make handmade cards and do glass pendant necklaces with handmade gift boxes. I would be happy to donate one of these to the cause too!
                  Very excited as you are much closer than the derbyshire fairs am currently travelling too!
                  Cheers!!
                  Hi, I'm so sorry but I'm totally full for cards and jewellery as they seem very popular crafts. I think I could have filled the hall 3 times over if I'd have just had cards and jewellery. I'll certainly keep you posted for future fairs though.

Kind regards,
                  Claire
                  x

Comment

Hi Claire,

It sounds as if you have all avenues covered for advertising!! I can't wait for the day... really looking forward to this one, especially as it's fairly local. We've got a wide selection of greetings cards, keepsake cards and candles ready so just hope we get lots of customers

If you want to email me your poster then I'll see what I can do about distributing it around this area.

Can you let me know about payment, when we first booked I can't remember if you said we'd be ok to pay on the day or not?

Thanks, Laura xxx

Comment

dont worry its an answer I get a lot
                      wishing you all the best anyway
                      www.safimelcardsandpendants.co.uk

Comment

Brownies

Hi Claire,
                        Got your email sorry we cant make on hols,but it will be fine sounds like you have done all you can,best of luck.
                        Ozzie from Fraught iron. xxx
                        Ozzie
                        www.fraught-iron.co.uk

Comment

Well Done !

I am in a similar situation to you with a Craft Fair at the beginning of June and I am seriously going grey! You sound as if you have covered as many angles as humanly possible - well done and good luck.
                          Liz
                          http://www.soapiehandmadesoaps.com
                          [email protected]

Comment

It certainly sounds as is you have all your bases covered. There is no such thing as 'too much' in advertising.
                            Hope it goes well and you have lots of buyers.

Melanie

Comment

[quote=Erial;218196]

So far, I've got the fair listed on all of the big fair websites

Hi could you please let me know a few of these sites where you get your fair dates and venue listed as I am interested in setting up a swap fair, where crafters attend the fair bringing goods they would like to swap and exchange for swap tokens, which they then use to purchase other craft swaps.

I want people to register and commit to attending can this be done anywhere.

Thanks for any help you can give me
                              www.yourspecialdelivery.co.uk

www.handcrafted-gina.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X