X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft fair 16th May - UPDATE

This is just an update to let everyone concerned know - I'M FULL

No I haven't been eating too much.

I have now filled the forthcoming craft fair!!!!!

I am so pleased and just wanted to share the fact. I have 24 stalls filled (and a waiting list) and of the 24 there is no real duplication! ok I have three jewellery stalls and three card/papercraft stalls but each of these is different to the others. The rest of the stalls are all completely different.

Also another fact I am proud of - all the stalls are completely handcrafted by the stallholders-NO BOUGHT IN!!!!!

Advertising has been underway for some time, with postings on several websites (6 so far) and another 7 to be done in the next couple of days, the 4 local radio stations will be notified in the next couple of days and 5 local newspapers have or will be sorted in the next couple of days.

Posters are already up in many local shops and I am doing more this week including all the local supermarkets.

That just leaves the banner and bunting outside the venue and the street signage.

After that it is in the lap of the Gods with the weather. Hopefully all will go well and I will be back after the 16th to let you all know what happened.
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

hello Diane

hey.you must be very excited about this craft fair.i am really struggling to find craft fairs to sell my items in london .yes i know that too many things going on in london of course but hundreds of designers on the waiting list and it costs you a lot only for one day.i dont have a car to go to the different cities.oh i dont have even a stall lol.it s not fair.i wanna cry (sorry about my bad english )

Comment

That's fantastic news!
      "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
      Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
      http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's fantastic news Diane!!!

I wish you were a bit closer to us and I'd have come along on the day to offer our support but we'll definitely be with you in spirit *hugs*

Comment

I have to say Diane, I am very proud to be a part of this fair. I love the fact that their will be no duplication and no bought in goods either. is this outside? I cant remember. I look forward to meeting you soon
          www.occasions-accessories.co.uk
          Facebook Group

Handmade Occasion Jewellery, Bridal Accessories and Head wear. Semi Precious Gemstones, Swarovski Crystal & Sterling Silver. Bespoke service available.

Comment

Originally posted by faye1978 View Post
            I have to say Diane, I am very proud to be a part of this fair. I love the fact that their will be no duplication and no bought in goods either. is this outside? I cant remember. I look forward to meeting you soon

no it's not outside, it's inside in a lovely bright hall within the community centre and don't forget to bring your cup/mug as you will be able to make yourself tea, coffee or squash all day as a complimentary thank you from me!
            Diane

Comment

Hand made fairs

Thank you for putting on an event that you have taken care of thus ensuring that it is handmade. Lets hope this idea filters out to others who are thinking of putting on an event.
              Liz

Comment

Well done! I bet its a huge relief, especially to have everything organised and almost complete. I wish you all lots of success on the day!

Comment

Well done Diane - I hope you're event is a roaring success!!! If I were a bit nearer I'd pop in for a look, but unfortunately, I'm not nearby at all.

I'll echo Woodenlady's comments too, it's good to see a fellow organiser sticking to handcrafted goods, so many allow such a variety of bought in goods they shouldn't be allowed to use the name 'craft fair'.

Do come back & let us know how it goes

Claire
                  Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                  Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                  www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Wishing you lots of luck and a very successful fair to you all!
                    With love
                    Em
                    xx

www.pixiedoodles.co.uk
                    www.facebook.com/pixiedoodles1
                    http://twitter.com/ pixiedoodles

Comment

Congrats

Great to hear venue is full. Looking forward to see you again, you made us feel so welcome at your last event. We will see you there. If you have a poster you can e-mail me I will put a couple up in our area.
                      Sue

Comment

So pleased you've managed to fill all your spaces. Can't wait for the day (I have a feeling in my water ...LOL)

Looking forward to meeting you.
                        Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
                        Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
                        Facebook Page

Comment

thanks everyone, have given out too much rep today so cant give any more at the mo.

Thanks Sue (MS) I will email you a poster (thanks for that the more advertising the better)

Thanks Ruby, cant wait to see your candles (I love candles) and I hope your water is right!!!!!!!!

Going to Brightlingsea tomorrow for more poster putting (and to visit my favourite cafe-woohoo)

Fingers crossed but with all the good wishes we should have a good and profitable day!!!!

PS Sue and Ruby - Dont forget your cups for your drinks
                          Diane

Comment

Working...
                          X