Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Fairs in Surrey

Hi,

I am a jewellery maker living in North West Surrey and just can't find Craft Fairs. I look on all the sites suggested on this forum and either they were all booked up last year or there is nothing coming up in this area. Jewellery especially is so hard as there are so many people doing it.

Should I be organising my own? If I do where do I start to find venues and how to I find other crafters to come.

I would love to hear what you all have to say, please advice needed!!!

Thanks Sian

Hi Sian,
    explore this site. There are lots of threads on organising craft fairs and somewhere is an excellent one that gives the formula for running a fair. Seaching for organising and craft fair should bring it up.
    AnnieAnna

Comment

Hi

We hold regular mixed craft and food markets at VillageLife in Maidenhead, Berks. You can see dates at myvillagelife.co.uk.

Can anyone tell me where I can post details of our markets on this website?

RUDI

I am a jewellery maker living in North West Surrey and just can't find Craft Fairs. I look on all the sites suggested on this forum and either they were all booked up last year or there is nothing coming up in this area. Jewellery especially is so hard as there are so many people doing it.

Should I be organising my own? If I do where do I start to find venues and how to I find other crafters to come.

I would love to hear what you all have to say, please advice needed!!!

Thanks Sian[/quote]

Comment

Hi Rudi,
        if you want to tell people about your fairs I suggest you start a thread in the UK Craft Fairs section.

It just so happens I was looking at your site yesterday. Can I make a suggestion? If you want more stalls you need to give potential traders more information. The sites I like are ones with a button for traders which jumps to a page telling them about what kind of traders you are looking for, the facilities offered, dates, costs etc. and how to contact you for a booking if they feel what you are offering suits them. There's nothing more time wasting than emailing unsuitable fairs, or worse, having to chase organisers by phone.

(I feel I'm becoming an expert at this as I am a square peg trying to fit into round holes )
        AnnieAnna

Comment

Market Page

Thanks for that, very helpful. Do YOU fancy joining us?

Comment

Hi Rudi. Aren't your fairs the ones I'm not allowed to trade at? I'm not selling my stuff. I selling handmade toys and gifts made in Chile (it started for the benefit of my Chilean daughter in law and it's grown into a string of people streching into the Andes with the mum's up there trying to keep their kids in school. (See www.littlechile.co.uk )
            Logic dictates I should just be a market stall but practicallities are holding me back. The Anna bit of me is small and old and alone and can't see how to put my stall up in strange places. (The Annie bit of me has ton's of friends and only trades at historical fayres where I can flutter my eyelashes at tall young men who fall over themselves to help me )
            AnnieAnna
            www.anniethepedlar.com

Comment

Working...
            X