Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the biggest event in Scotland?

Hi,

Does anyone know what the biggest craft event is in Scotland at the moment?

How many exhibitors do they have?

Thanks,

Fiona

Fiona

Sorry I don't know the answer but you could try looking here http://www.craft-fair.co.uk/Events.cfm

HTH
    Craft Mad
    My website www.crafting-mad.co.uk

My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crafti...6072821?ref=ts

Comment

re craft fairs

there is always 3d2d as well, I'm a mamber of them and they have informed us all that they are reducing the amount of fairs they are doing this year instead of the usual 50 or so fairs think they are only doing about 15 now

Their website is www.3d2d.co.uk

HTH
      Flame
      Eternal Flame Candles
      www.eternalflamecandles.co.uk

Hand Made in Scotland

Comment

Flame - I'm so dissapointed to hear that 3d2d will be reducing their events. I have just applied to be an exhibitor and cant imagine that even if accpeted I'd get into many events as there will be such alot of people wanting to do them.

Have they sent everyone the list of events this year yet??

Fiona - there is also Lothian Events, I have been doing events with him for about 6 months and he has lots of events this year. He has a few exhibitors, but couldnt tell you how many.

Emma x

Comment

re; fairs

Hi Emma

They sent the list of fairs out that they are doing, they seems to be doing away with the Assembly Rooms in Edinburgh and are only having a couple at the Royal Concert Hall Glasgow.

As far as I can remember they are still doing the bigger shows like Aberdeen, Inverness, Scone, Royal Highland Show and maybe a few others.

What is it that you make?? Sometimes if you make items that are not jewellery then you stand a better chance of getting in to the fairs.

HTH
          Flame
          Eternal Flame Candles
          www.eternalflamecandles.co.uk

Hand Made in Scotland

Comment

Hi - thanks for that. I have to say I am quite gutted. I have spent an awful long time getting the courage to apply, and then spent a long time thinking about my letter, writing my letter and photographing etc. Had I known they are no longer doing the assembly rooms I wouldnt have bothered!

I am a lampworker/glass artist and make beads. I then make jewellery out of these. I had planned on only applying to do fairs towards the summer when I have been lampworking for longer, but becasue I knew the lists go out early in the year I got my skates on and applied. I have tried to call them time and time again to ask how long it may take for a decision but no one is ever there.

Are they still doing the event at the Festival do you know? I suppose this leaves Edinburgh without its regular craft Fair. Not good news if you need somewhere to sell your art.

Just out of curiosity - did you do many events with them Flame? I know they are busy as I always go as a buyer - does that busyness equal sales?

Emma x

Comment

Hi Emma,

I applied to 3d2d months ago and never received a reply!

That's why I've set up Edinburgh Craft Fairs.

There is hopefully going to be a fair every month from March and a few for Christmas.

I'm not looking for any fairs to go to, just curious as to what is the biggest event. SECC, Royal Highland Show...

Thanks,

Fiona
              Edinburgh Craft Fairs
              www.edinburghcraftfairs.co.uk

Silver Ruby - Colourful Contemporary Jewellery
              www.silverruby.com

Comment

Working...
              X