Crafters wanted for fair in Worcestershire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafters wanted for fair in Worcestershire

Hi there, just registered and introduced myself!! Having spent many years making cards and cross stitching and finding that there are just not enough crafting fairs locally I have decided to set one up myself. I am organising a Collectors and Craft Fair in Stourport on Severn Worcestershire. First date is Sunday 31st May 10.30 - 3.30 with a set up time of 9am, with other dates also organised for July, September, October, November and December. Tables are £12.00 for the day. The venue has excellent facilites. If you are interested please let me know as I would love to see you there.

Hello!

Oo a craft fair nearby, I would be interested

I sell cards and jewellery.

Comment

Originally posted by JulieB View Post
      Hi there, just registered and introduced myself!! Having spent many years making cards and cross stitching and finding that there are just not enough crafting fairs locally I have decided to set one up myself. I am organising a Collectors and Craft Fair in Stourport on Severn Worcestershire. First date is Sunday 31st May 10.30 - 3.30 with a set up time of 9am, with other dates also organised for July, September, October, November and December. Tables are £12.00 for the day. The venue has excellent facilites. If you are interested please let me know as I would love to see you there.
      Hi
      I have PMd you we sell cards, candles and fancy goods

Shaz

Comment

Originally posted by JulieB View Post
        Hi,
        I'd be interested in this - I make jewellery, and soon will be making bags.
        I'll send you a PM.
        Thanks.
        www.gdfairs.co.uk

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
        -C.S. Lewis

Comment

Are you too far from me????

I'm looking for anywhere near the M4!!!!!! LOL and my geog is rubbish!!!!!
          Sarah & Sue

Blog : http://dragon-crafts.blogspot.com/
          Facebook Page : http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=214584505424
          New Shop : http://www.dragoncrafts.thelittlebigshop.com/profile.php?user=Dragoncrafts01

Comment

Send me details?

Hi
            Could you send me details? I'm booked up for the May event but would be interested in others...
            thanks!
            ---------------------------------------------------
            Greenweeds
            Contemporary Feltwork
            http://www.greenweeds.co.uk

Comment

Hi

i'd love to come to your fayre - been looking for things in the next couple of months in worcestershire/warwickshire/leicestershire.........

how do I go about booking....
              thanks

Cath

[email protected]

party, party, party, book a party before christmas, £25 of free jewellery if you get 10 guests..................and a lovely night!

(feel free to do the rep points thingy!!)

www.vivalabeader.com

view gallery @ ww.flickr.com/photos/vivalabeader
              [email protected] www.facebook.com/vivalabeader
              [email protected] www.folksy.com/shops/vivalabeader

Comment

Yes, I'm interested too, and I'll PM you for details.

Comment

Hi all

THANK YOU to all of you who have either booked or shown an interest in the fair - the response has been awesome.

Just to update you - I am now FULLY BOOKED for the 31st May - 27 tables!!

I did a small Table Top sale at the weekend at a different venue and I had a few crafters there who all sold loads and were really pleased. We had over 200 people through the door and it was only a tiny village hall BUT we gave out leaflets to everyone who came for the next fairs in Stourport!! So heres hoping for a great turn out.

July 5th is filling up nicely now aswell and I have places being booked for all the other dates too.

I even had someone ring today to see if I needed an ice cream van - LOL!!

Anyway, THANKS again and look forward to seeing you all there.

Julie

Comment

ooo that sounds great, I'm booked into this one - I'd better get crafting to get ready! I'm really looking forward to it and to hopefully meeting some people from here
                    http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
                    Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
                    My Facebook

Comment

Hi JulieB

I don't mean to be rude, but I've just been looking on the website advertising this fair, here :
                      http://www.areleykingsvillagehall.or...nd_Events.html

And I'm a just a little bit confused as to why it is now being described as a :
                      "Collectors & Bric a Brac Fair"
                      Rather than as originally described in your post, a :
                      "Collectors & Craft fair"

I don't want to appear pedandic, and I can see they have expanded on this in the 'small print', but I'm just wondering if this is something you are aware of, and if so can you explain please!?

Many thanks

Comment

Hi there

I do not think you are being rude. I can understand why you are confused.

I have already asked the hall website co-ordinator to update the site and include crafts in the title a few weeks ago when I realised it was not included. I have chased her up on the matter and will do so again. Originally this is how I started advertising the fair way back in January, and as a sub heading I said that crafters were most welcome. I then realised that I should actually put the word Craft in the title. Since March the fair has been advetised as a Collectors, Crafts & BricaBrac fair to cover all aspects of things that people wish to sell in order to pull in a wide range of buyers. I felt if I marketed the fair as just an Antiques Fair or just a Craft fair or just a collectors fair I was restricting the buyers.

All the advertising and signs that are now everywhere state that the fair is Collectors Crafts and bricabrac and I have been very strict about what people are allowed to bring.

I apologise if you feel I have mislead you in anyway, I am just trying a new angle to a new fair in the hopes that it will bring in a wider range of buyers in these ever difficult times.

If you would like to PM me or e mail me I would be more than happy to discuss it with you.

Hope to hear from you soon

JulieB

Comment

I was interested in your future dates, however looking into it and seeing that you are combining Collectables, Crafts and Bric-a-brac has put me off somewhat.

We were at an event recently which was predominantly a craft fair, however the caterers had asked if they could have a table to sell 'unwanted gifts' - on the day this turned out to be a junk stall, basically a loft clearance of items that most people would have put straight in a skip... this upset a lot of the genuine stallholders and visitors to the event alike.

My honest opinion is that bric-a-brac and crafts really don't go... at a carboot or table top sale then it's different as people expect all sorts of items, but at a craft fair then people generally expect quality.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Thanks for clearing the matter up. I was just a little unsure really because of the wording on the hall website! Looking forward to Sunday, hope all goes well for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Squirrel View Post
                              I was interested in your future dates, however looking into it and seeing that you are combining Collectables, Crafts and Bric-a-brac has put me off somewhat.

We were at an event recently which was predominantly a craft fair, however the caterers had asked if they could have a table to sell 'unwanted gifts' - on the day this turned out to be a junk stall, basically a loft clearance of items that most people would have put straight in a skip... this upset a lot of the genuine stallholders and visitors to the event alike.

My honest opinion is that bric-a-brac and crafts really don't go... at a carboot or table top sale then it's different as people expect all sorts of items, but at a craft fair then people generally expect quality.

Just my opinion.

I understand what you are saying but you say the fair was predominantly crafts so I am assuming it was not advertised that there would be such a stall and I can understand standers and buyers being annoyed. On the other hand my fair has always been advertised as collectables crafts and bric a brac (apart from the venues website which as I explained is incorrect and awaiting change). Bricabrac I agree covers a wide range of possibilities but I have been very clear that it is not a table top sale and not a boot fair. I have standers who are selling quality antiques, antique and collectable jewellery and antique and collectables compacts etc. The 'bricabrac standers are all regular standers and have quality items for sale.

I ran a Table Top sale earlier this month which was very successful for everyone including a stander who crafted wooden bowls, doorstops, clocks etc and he made over £200.00 on the day and almost sold out!!

At the end of the day I can only be honest with everyone who shows an interest and then it is up to the stander to decide whether they feel the fair is right for them.

I am sorry if you feel that the fair would not be right for you and I completely respect your feelings. Maybe you would be more interested in the craft fairs I am organising in Ludlow for 2010.

Best Regards

JulieB

Comment

Working...
                              X