Craft fair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft fair?

Hi I'm still looking for any craft fairs around leicestershire but don't seem to be having any luck.
    I'm still thinking about organizing my own for Christmas but don't know where because of this stupid leicester city council trade license fee does any one know where it would be a good idea to hold one somewhere where I won't be charged?

Have you tried stallfinder under your county?

Comment

Originally posted by kimberley View Post
      Hi I'm still looking for any craft fairs around leicestershire but don't seem to be having any luck.
      I'm still thinking about organizing my own for Christmas but don't know where because of this stupid leicester city council trade license fee does any one know where it would be a good idea to hold one somewhere where I won't be charged?
      Hi Kimberley, I am thinking of doing the same - it is difficult to find any craft fairs, and then difficult to book... what is the council trade licence fee, I hadnt heard of that one?

Sally

Comment

me too

Hi

I'd love to be involved, and happy to help if you want to find a way to work together on a christmas fair - some of us newbies together?

C
        thanks

Cath

[email protected]

party, party, party, book a party before christmas, £25 of free jewellery if you get 10 guests..................and a lovely night!

(feel free to do the rep points thingy!!)

www.vivalabeader.com

view gallery @ ww.flickr.com/photos/vivalabeader
        [email protected] www.facebook.com/vivalabeader
        [email protected] www.folksy.com/shops/vivalabeader

Comment

Hello,

I think I can answer the question in relation to the fee that Leicester Council wish to impose.

I work for Nottingham City Council and we hold Market Rights (these were usually granted by whichever King at the time) and also under the Local Government Act 1982.

Basically this gives Nottingham City Council exclusive rights to hold a market and means all other markets within 6 and 2/3 miles of a city council market are prohibited.

I am sure Leicester City Council hold market rights for that area also.

The council may (at their discretion) waive their market rights and this is where the licence fee comes in.
          The relevant council will usually require at least one months notice and a level of fee - usually varies depending on whether its a charity or not.

It is always worthwhile talking to the relevant department in the councils as they are usually staffed by (vaguely) helpful people like me.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, hope the information is useful.

Comment

Leicester craft fair

Hi everyone thanks for answering me all your advice has been very helpful and thankyou to the man from the nottingham council for explaining a few things too.
            I have decided that I am going to contact the market advisor at the leicester city council and see exactly what the situation is and what I can and cant do regards to a fair.
            If I can go ahead with it I would love some help from you guys as I have never organised one before so any advice, or help you can give me would be appreciated and what a great idea about us newbies getting together and doing one that would be fantastic.
            Anyway I will keep people informed about it if it goes ahead ect, right now I'm off to have a word with the market advisor wish me luck??

Comment

Working...
            X