Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New One Day Free Festival in Milton Keynes - Cancelled

Hi All

This year sees the first diverseCity Festival, a one day free festival in Milton Keynes on Saturday 2nd July bringing together all of the different cultures in our town. Up to 10,000 people will be attending and it will be covered in the local TV, Press and Radio. We are looking for all kinds of craft stalls like those at festivals such as Glastonbury and Reading/Leeds. If you would like any further information, including prices and pitch sizes, please contact me at [email protected].

I hope to hear from you soon!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reluctantly we have decided to cancel this years diverseCity festival. Unfortunately some key funding did not come through as planned and we can't run the risk of volunteer organisers ending up being personally liable for financial losses.

It was always an ambitious task to organise a brand new festival of this size in the time we had available - and we came within a hairs-breadth of succeeding.

All the effort that has been put in so far is not by any means lost. The work that has been done over the last year and the contacts we have made will be used as a foundation for the first diverseCity Festival in Summer 2006.

Last year we started in September with a handful of people and nothing but ideas and enthusiasm. This year we can start in July with the infrastructure of a festival already in place and long list of volunteers, traders, musicians, poets, artists, sponsors and more.

Many thanks to everyone that's shown an interest so far, helped out in any way and provided us with quotes or advice.

The diverseCity festival website will be up and running soon with details of our plans for next year. If anyone would like to help out please contact us on this email address.

Thanks again to everyone.

David Stephenson
    on behalf of the
    diverseCity festival committee
    Lisa, MK diverseCity Fesitval 2005

Hi, I'd be interested as it's in my area - I live in Aylesbury.

Have sent you an email.

Fiona
    Avon Rep Crafter!
    Find out about my new ventures! http://www.myspace.com/hackneyhandicrafts
    http://avonrepresentatives.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
    X