Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Stock??

Hello all,

I have a question for jewellery guys mainly. I am doing a big fair just before Christmas (The Christmas Grand Sale 18th-22nd November‏) and this fair lasts 4 days and has expected footfall of 3,000 a day. There are 150 other stalls but not all are selling jewellery, 90% of tickets are pre-sold. This is my first ever fair and I have absolutely no idea how much stock to make! Does anyone have any guidance - even if it is for a one day show as then I can just quadruple the number. I am really scared and am starting to wonder if I have bitten off more than I can chew! Average price of my jewellery is £28.

Any help any of you can give would be really great.

Thanks

SevX

How long is a piece of string?

I don't know how much you are paying for your stall, but say you are paying £100 then you will need to sell £400, just to stand still, obviously you will want to sell more than that.

4 x £stall price is a good starting point, or stall price being 10% of takings.

hth

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thanks greannancrafts and sparkysdad, I know it is a tough question but just looking for some advice. I have paid £100 a day so my view was that I need to sell at least £300 worth a day and hopefully more so I will then take Sparksydads advice and take enough stock for that and then double it!! It is really hard to gage what people will buy and yes it will be bad if I am left with an empty stall!

Comment

Hi Sev. I'm not a jewellery maker but I did a large fair/event in November last year and it was over four days. It was the best fair I have ever done. I had the same dilemma as you and I have to say I just decided to take as much as I could possibly make in the time I had available, especially of my best selling items. I did sell out of some things but managed to replenish with other things and it worked well.

You say this will be your first fair - I would reccomend if you possibly can to try and do a couple of little fairs through the summer which will help you to gauge what sells and gives you a idea of what it will be like.

These big fairs are a great buzz particulary at that time of year. Enjoy. x
        by Nicki
        www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Comment

thanks bynicki for your advice! I have been doing some other things to try and get myself up to speed- I have done a few school events and have done a Saturday market which I have signed up to do more of and am doing another once a month market - it is hard to find any fairs around where I live (London) which aren't massive - also I am finding that every time I do anything, different items are popular each time so can't even seem to identify any trends! Oh well it is all sent to try us! I really am looking forward to the show as it will be the first time I get to see a mass public reaction to my jewellery and hopefully I will sell lots (prays!).

Sev

Comment

Working...
          X