Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last minute panic!

Hi all,

Im doing my first craft fair this weekend, i had planned to do it with my boyfriends mum as she also makes jewellery however this morning we had some sad news that her mum passed away so she has had to go away, i dont know if she is going to be back in time for the fair. I said im more than happy to take her stuff along still and sell it but im just panicing ill be by myself now! What if we run out of change? or i need a wee lol?! I wont be able too!

I know some of you guys do these shows alone so what do you do when you need to pop somewhere for two mins?!

H Bee
    Handmade Jewellery
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.
    elizakate.co.uk
    Etsy Shop!

Oh dear, poor Mum in Law :0(
    As for the craft fair - don't worry! Preparation is everything! Do take plenty of change - you can guarentee your first customer will want change for a £20!
    I've never found wee breaks a problem. Get chatting to your stall neighbours, crafters are a friendly bunch and will watch your stall for you for a few minutes. Take advantage of any quiet periods when there aren't many people about to go to the loo.
    Good luck with it - I'm sure you will be fine
    Cathy xx
    http://folksy.com/shops/Cathy
    http://www.recycledbaglady.co.uk/
    http://owlfamilydiary.blogspot.com/
    I don't have a short attention span, I ... Ooh look, there's a chicken!

Comment

I've never been to a fair yet when the person on a neighbouring stall won't offer to mind your table and chat to customers while you pop off for a quick break! There's generally a good deal of camaraderie between fellow crafters and I'm absolutely sure you will have no worries. Sometimes the organisers even offer to cover a table for a couple of minutes if you need it. I'm sure it will all go really well... I wish you lots of luck and hope the sales come flooding in for you.

All the best,

Si.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

At my regular market I sometimes sell, birdfood, bacon sandwiches, preserves and cakes, organic breads as well as my own jewellery. It's just par for the course that you'll help out those around you. If you go with out something 99% of stall holders will help you out.
        As far as the change goes then just make sure that in your float you start of with plenty.
        Asw RBL said you can more or less guarantee that the first customer will have a crisp £20 note (and in my case so will the second and third customer!)
        Talking to your neighbours is also a good way to build up contacts and glean advice etc.
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
          At my regular market I sometimes sell, birdfood, bacon sandwiches, preserves and cakes, organic breads as well as my own jewellery. It's just par for the course that you'll help out those around you. If you go with out something 99% of stall holders will help you out.
          As far as the change goes then just make sure that in your float you start of with plenty.
          Asw RBL said you can more or less guarantee that the first customer will have a crisp £20 note (and in my case so will the second and third customer!)
          Talking to your neighbours is also a good way to build up contacts and glean advice etc.
          I so agree, I can now sell, organic veg, honey, lamb, beef, jewellery, plants.
          And those producers can all sell my soaps In fact the veg guy is so good I am seriously thinking of taking him on.

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thank you all for your help, i feel a little more relaxed now. its nice to know that the people next to you are so help full. Ill report back on sunday with how it went!
            Handmade Jewellery
            Follow me on Twitter
            www.
            elizakate.co.uk
            Etsy Shop!

Comment

Originally posted by H Bee View Post
              Thank you all for your help, i feel a little more relaxed now. its nice to know that the people next to you are so help full. Ill report back on sunday with how it went!

Just remember, everyone is in the same boat!
              I am sure you will help others

Jane
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
              FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Ahh don't panic, everyone here is right, people will help you. You will soon settle in and you'll be so busy you will forget you need the loo!

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Kim xx
                www.kimmsmith.etsy.com

www.facebook.com/kimsmithcharmbracelets

Comment

Originally posted by H Bee View Post
                  Stay relaxed and hope everything goes well for you, sad for your poor OH and Mother in Law.

Good Luck
                  Linda

Comment

good luck for the weekend. After its over you'll wonder what you were worrying about. Always nervewragging the first time but sure you'll love it. Good luckl

Comment

Working...
                    X