Craft Fairs - Surrey or Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Fairs - Surrey or Hampshire

Hi everyone, although I've been making cards for several years now I am fairly new to selling at craft fairs or organised events and I am on the look out for events in Surrey and possibly Hampshire. I've had a quick look on the internet, but haven't really found much.

I've heard that contacting local schools is a good idea too - has anyone had any success with this?

Any thoughts or help will be much appreciated!

Thanks!
    Rachel

Blog - wedgieswonderfulworld.blogspot.com
    twitter.com/wedgie16

Have you tried Stallfinder for fairs. I have done schools before and to be honest have found them a waste of time unless you are a parent or teacher. The last one I did spent all day surrounded by parents and teachers talking, being rude and blocking my stall by their chats, so none could get there if they wanted, children misbehaving charging about the hall (this was teenagers not little ones) and sold nothing. The parents and teachers stalls did well selling things made by the kids so gave this line up. There are probably some very good onmes out there hopefully someone else may be able to help. Vaguely remember one at Byfleet last year, may be worth a look in the craft fair section. Good Luck

Comment

Thanks Caroline - this is very helpful.....I did wonder whether it would be worth it!

Rachel
      Rachel

twitter.com/wedgie16

Comment

Surrey craft fairs

I do the Art & Craft Market in Redhill once a month but that is on a Friday. I am also going to do a craft fair in Caterham which is on a Sunday it is bi-weekly & only started this month but as table are only £12.50 I'm going to give a try in April.

There is going to be a Christmas fair in November at Glyn Technology College in Ewell on 7 Nov. I went last year & it was sucessful inspite of the economy, unfortunately I'm already booked for that date.

I mainly find fairs on stallfinder.com, ukcraftfairs.com & wherecanwego.com

Hope that helps

Anita
        Silvergirl
        www.contemporarycraft.co.uk

Comment

Hi Anita,

Thanks for your advice - everyone is so friendly on here! I've had a look at the websites you suggested and found a couple of fairs to email...so fingers crossed!

Might give Caterham a try too.

Thanks!
          Rachel

twitter.com/wedgie16

Comment

I've done a christmas fair at a school before and found it to be a waste of time, didnt really sell anything at all, however I did a pamper day at a school, where it was specifically for adults and it was brilliant, got quite a few leads from it and did well on sales too. I wouldn't recommend the seasonal fairs that are held at schools as there are too many children and the parents dont have the time to stand and look at what you're selling, it is definately best to do events which are aimed at just adults.

Good luck

Comment

Hello Vvkim,

What do you do? I am a brand new member based near Farnham and I am thinking about organising a pamper evening with 10 different stalls.

Regards

Sandra
              Professional Masseuse.
              www.allinthemassage.co.uk

Comment

Hi Wedgie,

My name is Sandra. I am a brand new member so I hope this post works!

I am thinking about organising a craft/pamper fair in Surrey.

Would you be interested?

Regards

Sandra
                Professional Masseuse.
                www.allinthemassage.co.uk

Comment

Hi Sandra

Originally posted by allinthemassage View Post
                  ...I am a brand new member based near Farnham and I am thinking about organising a pamper evening with 10 different stalls.

Regards

Sandra
                  Hi Sandra, I'm Elizabeth, also a newbie to this forum. I'm a jewellery maker and live near Guildford. Am very interested in your idea of a pamper evening in Surrey. :-)
                  Elizabeth

www.elizabethcampbell.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by allinthemassage View Post
                    Hello Vvkim,

What do you do? I am a brand new member based near Farnham and I am thinking about organising a pamper evening with 10 different stalls.

Regards

Sandra
                    hello sandra,
                    please keep us updated! I'm in Godalming, searching for nearby craft fairs.

All the best
                    Martina
                    M-art-ina
                    www.artinav.etsy.com
                    www.artinav.blogspot.com
                    www.facebook.com/artinav
                    www.twitter.com/artinav
                    www.folksy.com/shops/artinav

Comment

Working...
                    X