Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brightlingsea in May????

ok so I'm going for it again.......

I am looking at a lovely venue in Brightlingsea with a view to doing a craft fair there in May (probably towards the end)

I have picked Brightlingsea as it is an Historic Chinque Port but also because it has become a boom town due to the building of the off shore wind farm in Clacton. (All supplies come in through the port and are transported to Clacton, all of the workers are living and stayin in Brightlingsea)

I did a craft fair at this venue a few years back so can say it is a lovely place with a licenced bar and plenty of parking for crafters and public. I believe from speaking to the lady there that it has been recently refurbished and extended.

Stalls will be £15 (for an 8ft table -not the normal 6)
    The fair will run from 10am to 4pm.
    All crafters will be able to make tea and coffee all day free of charge (as thanks from me)

Anyone interested please pm me, as soon as a date is confirmed I will of course let those interested parties know.

ONLY HAND CRAFTERS PLEASE!!!!!!

Please read my update below
    Last edited by Moonbeam Angel; 12-03-2009, 07:15 PM. Reason: change title
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Good Luck with the fair Diane

This location sounds great! I wish I could get there...
    Sarah

Comment

I have today been to this venue and it is better than I remember, a lovely bright hall within the Community Association Centre.

I have therefore secured this venue for Saturday 16th May. Stalls will be £15 for an 8ft table (a 10ft space)

Fair will run as stated above.

I have been into many of the shops in Brightlingsea today and they are all willing to support this venue and publicise it in their shops.

The venue itself has a large grass frontage where banners and bunting will be put. Posters will also go inside the venue in the bar area and on their "what's on" wall. This site is used all the time by the community so is busy, as is the town itself.

I will also be doing all the usual advertising in press, radio and internet.

Anyone interested please pm me as I already have may crafters waiting to book.
      Diane

Comment

I am soooooo tempted to come down and do a workshop! It may be too early to expand into the sowf though!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
          I am soooooo tempted to come down and do a workshop! It may be too early to expand into the sowf though!

oh go on Peter (pss don't tell anyone but I might even do a discount!) you could show everyone down here how real beading is done!!!!
          Diane

Comment

Good luck with this Diane... sadly it's a bit far for us to travel but hope it all goes well

Comment

Nice one Diane ...I knew you'd be back soon!

Thanks for listing it with us ...it's live on the site now!

Best wishes.

Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

Working...
              X