X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on fair in Clacton

Hello all,

Just to update you on the fair yesterday,

well we had a good amount of people through the door early on but this did tail off after lunch, although we still had public coming in right to the end.

Most of the crafters did really well and some not so well. One packed up and went home at 1.30-much to the disgust of everyone there! (she wont be invited again)

All said the atmosphere was lovely and that they had a good time,
    so all in all I suppose it went well.

Thanks to those forum members who had stalls; Mayshandmade and MS Glass, thanks for coming

and also to those forum members (and organisers) who came along and gave their support; Claire Dorritt and Avalon1959, thanks to both of you for your really kind comments, very much appreciated.

It was lovely to meet you all and to put faces to the names.

Thanks also to Fair Do for all his support (and advertising) just have to say that all the business cards went and there was a lot of interest from the crafters!!

For myself, I sold one item

To be honest I feel on a huge low today. I ache from head to foot, I've relegated my mosaics to the back of the garage in disgust at not selling much (again) . I'm tired, fed up and off now to hide before Peter comes along and tells me of for whinging
    Last edited by Moonbeam Angel; 08-03-2009, 01:48 PM.
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

I would like to say congratulations on your show yesterday. There was a good quality and variety of exhibitors who all had smiles on their faces and were pleasant to talk to. Worth a 250 mile round trip!!! and also to put names to faces.
    Well done Diane.

The Traveller!!!! You know what i mean, Diane.
    [email protected]

Link to Events List for 2010

Comment

Friendly bunch

Hi Diane

We had a lovely day thanks, sold several vases. Met some lovely people and had some great conversations, such a friendly bunch of crafters and the clacton public. Hope to meet up again sometime

Sue

Comment

Hi Diane

Well done on a well organised event. I enjoyed visiting and it was lovely to meet you and your parents. I thought you had some really nice stalls there - in particular your own lovely mosaics, the fab stained glass, M.S Glass, some beautiful handmade cards, amazing photography and woodenwotnots who I enjoyed chatting to as I have exhibited with them previously. The fair had a lovely warm and friendly atmosphere.

Please don't feel too deflated and certainly don't let it put you off doing further events.

I know what it's like with those stall holders who pack up and leave early - soooo rude - but you always get one!!

Best wishes
        Last edited by claredorett; 08-03-2009, 06:49 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
        Clare
        Dorett Events
        [email protected]

Comment

I've done the 'craft fair duck' before....................you don't get told off for that! It's so hit and miss these days, it was bad enough 15 years ago when I was doing 'em, people only came in to get warm after they'd been to the car boot. The three 'N's...................noodles, numpties, & no-hopers.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
            I've done the 'craft fair duck' before....................you don't get told off for that! It's so hit and miss these days, it was bad enough 15 years ago when I was doing 'em, people only came in to get warm after they'd been to the car boot. The three 'N's...................noodles, numpties, & no-hopers.

Thanks for that Peter, it has put a smile back on my face. Must admit I don't stay down for long, tomorrow's another day and all that!

Must remember that (The three N's) can't say I noticed too many yesterday, although I think that completely sums up a lady from the church who was in the kitchen (those there will know what I mean!!)
            Diane

Comment

Sounds like it was a great day even if you do feel a little frazzled today..

The ones who got into the spirit of the day sound like they had a fantastic day. Sadly you can't force people to buy , alot of fairs even the well established ones can be very hit and miss now.

and your mosacis are lovely , get them back out woman !!,lol

I just wish I'd been down that way too pop in , maybe next time
              Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
              my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
              my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well done Diane, sounds like it was a great day!

And don't worry, you are bound to feel down for a bit ...it's only natural after being on such a high yesterday.

I'm already looking forward to hearing about your next event!

Keep Mrs 'early leaver' away though ...bang out of order in my opinion.

Cheers!

Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

Thanks Beckyboo and Fair Do.

I've actually started planning my next mosaic (another angel!!)

I think after being so busy for weeks with organising and making mosaics etc, I feel low because I've nothing to do now. However, I'm looking into other venues, so as Arnie said "I'll be back"

Early leaver won't get back even if she begs!!!! same as the person who asked for a stall, asked if I would accept pay on the day, when told no said they would send a cheque but would I reserve them a place. No cheque arrived, I sent them an email (after waiting at least 10 days) and no reply.

Good job I didn't reserve them a place!

I wouldn't mind but this person is supposedly an organiser themselves!

I won't name and shame, she knows who she is!!!
                  Diane

Comment

Well done for surviving. I would never have the guts or stamina to organise such a thing so well done!

Can't believe noone bought any of your mosaics, they are all lovely, don't hide them away!

I see you're planning another one, so it must have been worth it!

Hope you're having a well deserved rest this week.
                    Elinor
                    x

My Misi page
                    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
                      Well done for surviving. I would never have the guts or stamina to organise such a thing so well done!

Can't believe noone bought any of your mosaics, they are all lovely, don't hide them away!

I see you're planning another one, so it must have been worth it!

Hope you're having a well deserved rest this week.
                      no such luck, I think I will rest when I'm dead!!!!!

Decided against the angel so I am doing a clock. (with a difference) it is a mosaic of a vase of flowers with the clock in the vase. 2/3rds done so will be showing it off some time soon.

As to the fair, Ive just booked another venue today so -here we go again!!!!!
                      Diane

Comment

Working...
                      X