Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions please - Craft Fair in February for Valentine's Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please - Craft Fair in February for Valentine's Day?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what everyone thoughts were on having a craft fair in February in time for Valentine's Day?

Good idea or too early in the year?

All opinions very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Fiona
    Silver Ruby - Colourful Contemporary Jewellery
    www.silverruby.com

Edinburgh Craft Fairs
    www.edinburghcraftfairs.co.uk

Catch-22 isn't it? It's the first occasion of the year, but the only buyers will be couples. I thought I would do well when I was doing floral designs, all the hearts & pink stuff, but it was the contemporary stuff that sold, which I did all year round. I think you may have more chance if you don't try too hard to cater for the fluffy market - the big boys have got that sewn up - but just give the buyer something different and classy for a pressy. I almost sound as if I know what I'm talking about don't I?

Hahahaha.....................I'm soooo sorry...........I've just looked at your site - it's ALL pink & fluffy isn't it?!!!!!............well, you know what I meant!

Comment

I agree I think it would be really hard..

It would really depend on the timing and advertising of the fair.. Who would it be directed at and will it be a "valentines" fair or just a fair close to valentines day ?

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
      (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Hi Fiona,

I used to do a farmers market a few years back and what I found to happen (for me) was that I had all sorts of jewellery with hearts etc and it was for most part those who had forgotten that were buying in blind panic. I was a god send for the male traders at that time................that was 2 days before Valentines Day.

I wasn't there for a Valentines Day event but I was able to take advantage of it.................. I honestly don't know if I would take part in an Valentines Craft Fair if that's what you had in mind. As said " the big boys have it sewn up"

Fran

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for all your opinions!

I wasn't planning on a fair in February as I did think it was too early in the year.

Just thought I'd get a second opinion from other crafters.

Should have the date for a fair in April shortly and I'll be focusing on booking venues for Christmas fairs next year!

Thanks,

Fiona
          Silver Ruby - Colourful Contemporary Jewellery
          www.silverruby.com

Edinburgh Craft Fairs
          www.edinburghcraftfairs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X