Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrey

Hi
    I make contemporary jewellery and a bit lost, I am looking to do book a craft fair for November this year ,It will be my first show. Please can you recommend a good show to start with. I think a big problem will be there always seem to be lots of jewellers and show organisers may not what any more to keep a balance of crafts.
    Many thanks
    redfig
    Last edited by redfig; 01-03-2009, 02:58 PM.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Have you looked on UKCFIS their website has lots of fairs all over the country throughout the year. You may have seen their threads (Fair Do) on this forum.
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

thank you

Hi Diane

Big thank you for your help
      Yours
      Redfig

Comment

Good luck with the new venture, Im sure you will find the fair thats right for you
        Sarah

Comment

Hi Redfig,
          where in Surrey? Are you at the Hampshire end?
          Would you like to talk to Carolee or me? We had a big moan about the lack of (affordable) craft fairs in our area Farnham/Farnborough/Guildford and we are mooting the possibility of DIY ones. I don't want Carolee to do all the work, though, or she'll get wore out, so it might be we all chip in with what bit of organising we are good at.

Moonbeam - have I thanked you for detailing in another thread how you runs your fairs? It was really informative and hopefully we'll be able to put your excellent advice to good use.

AnnieAnna

Comment

Hi, anyone organising fair in the Surrey area would be fine by me as I live in Guildford & so many of the other fairs are a long way away & tend to put me off a bit. Good luck with organising them & let me know if any come this way, would be grateful, cheers Linda.
            My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

Hi
              I live in Byfleet , I have been recomended the Desire Fair for Jewellery.There is a show this weekend at Richmond upon Thames this weekend so i will pop along to take a look, I have asked at a few shows but there are so many jewellers you have to go on a waiting list.But Desire is all Jewellery and Silversmiths.

Comment

Would you like to talk to Carolee or me? We had a big moan about the lack of (affordable) craft fairs in our area Farnham/Farnborough/Guildford and we are mooting the possibility of DIY ones. I don't want Carolee to do all the work, though, or she'll get wore out, so it might be we all chip in with what bit of organising we are good at.

AnnieAnna[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to say that if you are thinking of organising any craft fairs or events and you need some help - I may be able to help you if you want. I have had alot of experience organising shows and events and ran my own event not far from me with about 40 stallholders attending. That was about 3 years ago now, before the recession hit, then I stopped it. If you want any help just ask.
                Good luck. I'm in Chichester and agree there is a serious lack of events for crafters round the whole area of Sussex, Hampshire and Surrey.
                Rebecca

www.cauliflowercupcake.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi and Welcome. Good to see you here.
                  Carol
                  God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                  X