Wykeham Craft Fair - Romford, Essex (London) - Sat 28 Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wykeham Craft Fair - Romford, Essex (London) - Sat 28 Feb

Jean and Tracy at Scorpio Events have a craft fair next Saturday in London, It's at the Wykeham Centre, in Romford - that's next to the big old church there, and actually at the marketplace, where the huge Romford Market (clothes, shoes, accessories & fruit & veg!) is held, so there should be plenty of people about.

The fair is on Saturday 28th February 2009, 10am - 3:30pm, Wykeham Hall, Market Place, Romford, RM1 3AB
    There'll be refreshments available, and it's free entrance to the public.

It's a fair-sized hall, and there's a few stalls left!
    The organiser (Tinks on this forum, having trouble posting!) says :
    ==========================
    Stalls are £25 per table, I will be opening at 9am for a 10am start. Tables and chairs are all included, I havent measured the tables but they are a standard size, they have plenty of room to get everything on.
    It is going to be advertised in the local papers as well as a leaflet drop around the Romford area. It is entirely up to you if you want to demonstrate or not.
    If you would like a booking form please email me and I will get one off to you.
    ==========================
    You can contact Jean and Tracy at : [email protected]

This is my local town centre, so I'll be there with the pyrography - selling and demonstrating too! See you there?
    Cheers,
    Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
    Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

I'm booked into this craft fair too. I was wondering who else would be there. I think tables are approx. 5ft x 2ft in case anyone needs sizes.

Don't forget, the only parking available is in the multi-storey and will probably cost in the region of £7 for about 6 hours.
    Bren
    www.digby-bears.co.uk

Comment

Hiya, Bren!
      Nice to see someone else from here coming - do come & say hello, once we're all over the frantic settimg-up bit, eh?

You might be able to park out by where the big sports shop used to be, if you get there early - I think their prices are better.

Think there might even be a last-minute space, if anyone wants one...
      Cheers,
      Scorch

Comment

Hi Scorch, I've been trying to pack up all my stuff today so everything's ready. On Saturday, will certainly say hello once the initial panic is over!
        Bren
        www.digby-bears.co.uk

Comment

I'm mostly packed up - just the pyro machine & some demo blanks to find room for now. It's always a frantic scrabble to get set up for me, as there's lots of stuff to set out, only one me to set it up with, and never enough time... eeeep!

Indeed, though, do come & say hello - I'm all on my own, so have trouble leaving the stall, but I'd love to meet you "for real"...
          Cheers,
          Scorch

Comment

good luck for tomorrow. I hope your event goes well and I look forward to hearing all about it.

Im almost ready for my event tomorrow (epping), a few labels to sew in and I'm done.

Good luck!!

Estee
            www.sweetpea4kids.folksy.com

Comment

Good Luck to you Estee! Hope you do really well.

Scorch - If our tables are close together I could keep an eye on yours if you need to pop out for a few minutes. Once I'm finished setting up, I'll find you and say hello.
              Good luck!
              Bren
              www.digby-bears.co.uk

Comment

Hey, Bren - did you do this fair in the end?
                Cheers,
                Scorch

Comment

Scorch - I came and spoke to you before the public were let in!
                  Bren
                  www.digby-bears.co.uk

Comment

I met too many people, and I'm useless with names, especially when I'm in a mad rush - which one were you? (I know, it sounds really bad!) The card lady with a cancellation problem? The other lady with the jewellery...?
                    Cheers,
                    Scorch

Comment

Originally posted by Scorch View Post
                      Hey, Bren - did you do this fair in the end?
                      Originally posted by Bren View Post
                      Scorch - I came and spoke to you before the public were let in!
                      I met too many people, and I'm useless with names, especially when I'm in a mad rush - which one were you? (I know, it sounds really bad!) The card lady with a cancellation problem? The other lady with the jewellery...?
                      Scorchy, have you been on the mead again?

Si.
                      Wood Tattoos
                      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                      Facebook
                      Flickr
                      Twitter

Comment

No! No... no, I can't think what would make you think that!! But in my defence, I'm useless at matching names to faces at the best of times, and I was unpacking too much stock like a madwoman after hefting it all up a flight of stairs, and I'd already had to move the stall twice! Do I get to claim that as an excuse, as well as talking to loads of people?
                        Cheers,
                        Scorch

Comment

Hmm... the jury's out deliberating on a verdict as we speak.
                          Wood Tattoos
                          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                          Facebook
                          Flickr
                          Twitter

Comment

No! No... no, I can't think what would make you think that!! But in my defence, I'm useless at matching names to faces at the best of times, and I was unpacking too much stock like a madwoman after hefting it all up a flight of stairs, and I'd already had to move the stall twice! Do I get to claim that as an excuse, as well as talking to loads of people?

I think that is a very good excuse personally!

I can never put names and faces together, most crafters I know (and have known for years) are all named after their craft-the jigsaw man, the butterfly lady, the sweetie lady, the wood man, the card couple, the glass people. Terrible I know!
                            Diane
                            Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

I am neither of those. Never mind.
                              Bren
                              www.digby-bears.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X