Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something for Valentines day!

Hi All,

Just to let you know that following the demise of my fair finding service last year I have been busy working on a much better version for the 2009 season. Anyway, it’s now ready and there are already over 200 events available on it.

So, if you’re a crafter and planning this years campaign you may find it of interest. It is now much more immediate, so rather than wait for me to run manual searches you will be able to search for fairs in your area right away. You can even register your details and be part of the database for customers to search and find out all about you and your craft! And it’s still all free!

And if you are an organiser you can list your events quickly and easily so they can be found by crafters and visitors alike!

Just click on the link in the signature below to visit …I hope you find it of use.

Thanks.
    Fair Do
    Last edited by Fair Do; 15-02-2009, 04:40 PM. Reason: change of title.

Fair Do's!

Hi Fair Do

Great new site, just registered and set up 2 fairs, pwould love you to spread our events to your crafters on site

I presume you have to vet the event listings before they become live ?
    Cheers
    HDevents

Web - www.hardydaviesevents.co.uk
    now on Twitter - http://twitter.com/HDevents
    Blog - http://s8.invisionfree.com/HDeventsforum/

Comment

Hi there,

Thanks for getting involved HD.

Yes, you are correct, all events are checked before they go live to help ensure the integrity of the site.

Yours are now approved!

Good luck with them ...and don't forget to add any more you organise.

Regards.
      Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

Great new site, I was quite happy with your old service as well! Have registered & look forward to finding fairs!
        Caz

www.pearlsandwhirls.co.uk

www.pearlsandwhirls.blogspot.com

Comment

Goodly facility - I've registered but I could only find a category for my Soaps etc. and not one to include Corn Dollies and items of handmade felt.
          ElaineJ soap and other stuff
          website
          blog

Comment

Great Site

Hi,

New site looks great. Have just registered as a crafter. Just wish there were more events in Cumbria or South-West Scotland! I'll keep checking!
            Regards, Carol

http://www.lindenblossom.com

Comment

Hi,

Noted ElaineJ ...that's just the kind of feedback I'm after ...will look to update list to include suitable category - thanks.

Linden - yes, please do keep checking ...organisers have been adding more events today ...let's hope any organisers in Cumbria and South-West Scotland are reading this!

Thanks all.
              Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

Noted ElaineJ ...that's just the kind of feedback I'm after ...will look to update list to include suitable category - thanks.
                Traditional Crafts would cover quite a few of the less common categories,
                I'm not sure whether Spinners and Weavers or Basket Makers would be happy to use this classification - but you could wait to see what happens and whether they comment.
                ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                website
                blog

Comment

Hi

Thanks for this, I have just registered.

Just another suggestion as many of us do travel fr and wide, would it be possible to have the country broken up into sections? ie East Midlands, North East?

Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                  FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                  Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hi,

It seems a great idea and well executed. congratulations.

I have a suggestion also. I put our fairs on there yesterday with a logo but when I went to look to see if they had been approved (they had) the logo was too big and had pushed some of the words off the screen. there doesnt seem to be a way to fix this noe they are there? so my suggestion would be to state on the form how big the logo is allowed to be?

Thank you for putting them up though - it's appreciated.
                    www.dancingphoenixcrafts.co.uk

Comment

Super site - I also just registered but I'm on the border of Lincolnshire & Cambridgeshire. It would be great if a crafter could pick more than one county.

Thank you for all the hard work you've obviously put in
                      Nicola x
                      **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
                      Different prize every month
                      Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
                      PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

Congrats on a great site!

What a fab web team you have

Carol

Resin jewellery, encaustic art paintings & gifts | Twitter!

Comment

Hi All,

Many thanks for all the comments ...all are appreciated.

In answer to some of the more specific questions ...

ElaineJ - Some good suggestions there for additional craft categories, I'll try and decide how to break it down to be fair to everybody.

Jane - Dividing the country into sections is certainly something that can be considered for the future. Individual counties seemed a good starting point. Thanks for the suggestion and ...watch this space!

Kysanth - The techie team have had a look at this and it should be corrected now. It was part of the initial teething issues. I think you're right about letting people know the size available. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Nicola - At the moment it's limited to one I'm afraid, but it's certainly something for us to consider going forward. Thanks for raising it.

Carol - Thanks. The best I'd say!

Regards.
                          Fair Do
                          Last edited by Fair Do; 15-02-2009, 04:35 PM. Reason: typo!

Fair Do's!

Comment

you're welcome - thank you for fixing it.

and it is a very cool site

Would you like me to link to it from mine?
                            www.dancingphoenixcrafts.co.uk

Comment

That would be brilliant, thanks!

Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

Working...
                              X