Any in the East Lancs area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any in the East Lancs area?

Was wondering if there are any craft fairs in East Lancs this year?

And were I could find out were?

Kim
    x

Do what you're doing here and ask, use Google and type in all sorts of combinations of ...........craft show, the ......being local villages/towns etc - some crafters have websites with a diary of shows they're doing - that can be a good source. Have a look at my site and see if there's anything close to you.

Once you've done a season full of shows - they mostly come to you with an application form!

Hope this helps.

Chris

Comment

Hi, you might find this useful:

http://www.craft-fair.co.uk/Diary.cfm
      Jane

If beads were still currency, I'd be a millionaire!

http://www.wildheartcrafts.co.uk/

Comment

Kim

I'm in Burnley too, and we don't seem to have that many over these ways, there is the Padiham Festival, which is held at Gawthorpe Hall in the summer, and Gawthorpe themselves did a Christmas fair (which was disappointing). The only other ones that I seem to find are the church/school fairs, so try your local schools and churches to see what they have coming up for the spring season. Some (churches) may need a bit of gentle persusion, as they tend to be run by the local mafia and only want things that they can sell for all the money to go in the pot, but if you offer them a stall fee of say £10 to £15 then they get a bit happier as it's guaranteed money in the pot.

Where in Burnley are you? (just me being nosy )
        www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Here's a couple that aren't too far away -

Chipping Steam Fair, 23/24/25 May (cheap, loads of people - some even spend !)

Gt Harwood Show 25th May - must be a Bank Holiday (?) no other details other than it's an Agricultural in its 142nd year.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
            Kim

I'm in Burnley too, and we don't seem to have that many over these ways, there is the Padiham Festival, which is held at Gawthorpe Hall in the summer, and Gawthorpe themselves did a Christmas fair (which was disappointing). The only other ones that I seem to find are the church/school fairs, so try your local schools and churches to see what they have coming up for the spring season. Some (churches) may need a bit of gentle persusion, as they tend to be run by the local mafia and only want things that they can sell for all the money to go in the pot, but if you offer them a stall fee of say £10 to £15 then they get a bit happier as it's guaranteed money in the pot.

Where in Burnley are you? (just me being nosy )
            I live right next to BGH can never find any craft fairs in burnley/padiham

Comment

Oooh don't go getting injured will you!

Best thing to do is get in touch with the local schools and churches, try and get in there and then when doing them, give out loads of business cards. I have one woman who always has a stack of my cards and she gives them out to all sorts of people that may be doing events. I got in the RNLI one in 2007 that way, and I have also had the Mayor of Burnley phone me about soemthing she was organising at Townley Hall (but I was already booked that day)

I don't make much from the church fairs, but have found it's a good way of getting yourself out there. I'll try and find some paperwork for the Padiham Festival people and give you the details, it's actually one of the churches that organise that, it's nice cos you get to meet both Mayors in one day! And they also do a Christmas fair at one of the schools.
              www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Thank you

I'll have to get some business cards and send them out

Comment

We are just over the Pennines at the other side of Huddersfield which is about an hour from Burnley (i think), if you fancy vistiting us you would be very welcome.

We are indoors, with great facilities and regular visitors from the Museum. Held over Easter, Spring Bank and August Bank Holidays and some just before Christmas. PM me and I'll provide you with full details.

rosebaskets.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X