Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size of tables at craft fairs

Hi there,
    I've my 2nd craft fair on Fri. For the 1st one I did I knew that I'd have a 6ft long table and made a stand which would fit this size. I think it's likely the tables won't normally be so long (in general, not just for Fri) so I was going to cut my stand down to fit a 5ft table, do you think that'll be safe enough - I shouldn't need to go any smaller surely?
    Apparently tables are keenly fought over by crafters! (this from an fair organiser aquaintance).
    Thanks,
    Anne.
    www.andamento.co.uk ...my website
    http://andamentoblog.blogspot.com/ ... my blog

Every fair I've done has been either 6' or 4', or multiples of both. I wouldn't entertain anyone who gave me less than a 6' table, it's not worth standing!

Comment

Ditto!!!

most of them I've done have been a 6 foot table.
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Phone the organiser and ask, dont cut down your stand until you know. I'm organising a fair this Sunday and that is the most asked question apart from Is it indoors!! in NOVEMBER!! 6ft by 2ft 6 is the answer
        Fiona

Comment

Same here, they've always been 6 foot - although if it's not mentioned on the booking form I always email and check just to be sure.
          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Hi there,
            I contacted the organiser & I'm getting a 6ft round table so that will be interesting! So I'll not cut down my stand just yet. In the new year I may make a better one but don't want to waste time on it just now!

Comment

Originally posted by Andamento View Post
              I'm getting a 6ft round table
              ummm.. a round table.. interesting .. How are going to lay that out ? no back no front.. hmmm..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
              (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

I'm going to use my stands to define the back of the table, I'll just need to not put them too far back otherwise I'll not be able to reach anything in the middle! I've 2 stands, they're just 2 x 2 - 3ft square pices of plywood hinged together and they don't need to sit at a right angle. Very interesting I'm sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Andamento View Post
                  I'm going to use my stands to define the back of the table, I'll just need to not put them too far back otherwise I'll not be able to reach anything in the middle! I've 2 stands, they're just 2 x 2 - 3ft square pices of plywood hinged together and they don't need to sit at a right angle. Very interesting I'm sure!

Think about your 6' round table, you will lose a lot of frontage due to the semi circular shape that you will create with your display. I've never heard of anyone having a round table before.

Fran

Comment

It was actually a 5ft round table and it worked very well display-wise. I'd use one again! The rectangular tables there were all less than 6ft long - 5ft at most, some possibly even only 4ft. I don't think it was a particularly good fair. The guy next to me had a good night but general opinion seemed to be too few buyers there & they weren't prepared to spend much money.

Comment

Round tables..

Not wishing to appear silly, but is your table a round 6ft, as in circular, or does your organiser mean around 6ft, approximately guessing it's length? I've never seen round tables at Fairs before.
                      Apple Tree Crafts
                      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Thanks for your interest! The tables were indeed circular. There were quite a few of them and they fitted into the corner spots well.
                        I was disappointed with how vague the organiser was regarding the table size, my stand would only fit a 6ft+ long rectangular table so I'd have been a bit put out if I'd ended up with a 5ft long table or less.

Comment

if the paperwork from the organiser doesn't state the size of table I would phone to check, its no good arriving with a purpose built shelf unit if the table is too small, and visaversa, if your table cover is too small it can let down your presentation

Shaun

Comment

Working...
                          X