Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organising a fair at country park in Lincoln-Would anyone be interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organising a fair at country park in Lincoln-Would anyone be interested?

Hello, me again!

I have recently been thinkin of organising some fairs for the new year in the Lincolnshire area. I know everyones feeling abit down at the moment so i'd like to choose some nice spots. One I have thought of is 'Hartsholme Country Park' in Lincoln.
    It is a lovely little place that I have fond memories of. I have enquired about it with the council and am just waiting to hear back. Would anybody be interested in this so that I can get an idea of numbers?

It would most likely be on a Sunday as this is when it's busiest, plus i was hoping to do one alongside times when they have events i.e Easter and teddy bears picnic.

Come on guys, let's show people that us crafters are still full of energy!
    Dee x
    Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
    Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
    Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Hi Dee

I could be interested.
    Is it snowing in your part of Leicester?

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hiya! Yes it is! I was going to go to the supermarket but it's too cold! Having a lazy day instead!

Great, I will keep you updated on what they sayx
      Dee x

Comment

Hi Dee, I would be interested.
        Nicky

Comment

Hi Nicky, great thats 3 of us! What is your craft?x
          Dee x

Comment

Hi Dee

This is a great idea, I would definately be interested! I actually live in Hartsholme, our house backs onto Swanholme lakes, which are next door to Hartsholme park. Let me know dates and info when you receive it.
            Handmade jewellery and accessories using glass, crystals, wire and more!
            www.iridescentdesigns.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Rhiannon View Post
              Hi Dee

This is a great idea, I would definately be interested! I actually live in Hartsholme, our house backs onto Swanholme lakes, which are next door to Hartsholme park. Let me know dates and info when you receive it.

Will do hon, i thought it would be nice, especially during spring/summer
              Dee x

Comment

Hi Dee,
                MMMMM Whats my craft I actually make alsorts but this year I am concentrating on my freeform bags. If you want to see a couple that I have made pm me and I will send a couple of pics.
                Nicky

Comment

Hi,

I would be interested, im just over an hour away but have fond memories of this park as I ran a brownie and guide unit in Birchwood and used to take them there on sunny evenings. I make handmade teddy bears (which would be perfect for the teddy bear picnic!), i can send you photos if you need them. Feel free to PM me.
                  Victoria

Comment

I will keep you updated on the progress but looks like it could work
                    Dee x

Comment

Hiya,

I'm interested too. I make beaded and silver jewellery and also handmade cards and invitations.

I have a friend who makes soap loaves and bath bombs who would probably come along too!

Katie

Comment

Hi
                        I would be interested, live in Gainsborough so not far for me.

Comment

Hi Katie,

I think I met you at preston presents maybe?

Well, today i heard back from the park and the ranger said unfortunetly their space is already all hired out...?! And any other buildings they can't use BUT the park is currently going through a 'regeneration process', so she has passed on my details to the 'head ranger' who will keep me posted. And i will also keep my eye on the council website.
                          I am still going to keep looking around the area though as I think it's a nice idea, so I will let you know how goes. There are plenty of nice spots around the area so we will get there! Any ideas I will happily pursue them!

Thanks for your replies
                          Dee x

Comment

I know the Hartsholme idea didn't come to fruition in the short term, but if you find any other venues I would be interested. I'm in North Lincolnshire, but I used to live in Lincoln.

I make chutneys, pickles, jellies, mustards etc, and also make boxes, gift bags etc from recycled greeting cards.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by dee_liteful View Post
                              Hi Katie,

I think I met you at preston presents maybe?

Well, today i heard back from the park and the ranger said unfortunetly their space is already all hired out...?! And any other buildings they can't use BUT the park is currently going through a 'regeneration process', so she has passed on my details to the 'head ranger' who will keep me posted. And i will also keep my eye on the council website.
                              I am still going to keep looking around the area though as I think it's a nice idea, so I will let you know how goes. There are plenty of nice spots around the area so we will get there! Any ideas I will happily pursue them!

Thanks for your replies
                              Yep I think you probably did! I was just there for the Sunday but I think you might have been behind me? Am I going slightly mad or did we have a conversations along the lines of you were thinking about going into teaching??

Comment

Working...
                              X