advertising??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advertising??

ok, so some may find this cheeky but I'm hoping to do the best I can for all involved so I'm going to ask anyway.

I need to get our events advertised as widely as possible to bring in the maximum number of customers.

Can anyone make some suggestions on how you think a fair is best advertised?

Where do you find out that theres a fair in your area?

what specifically would make you want to go to a fair?
    www.dancingphoenixcrafts.co.uk

Hi, Local advertising in local papers, advertising on the web or local authorities intranets, flyers put up in shop windows, banners up in the town with a couple of weeks notice. Those are ways I've seen local events advertised in my area, and they seem to work.
    www.sweetpea4kids.folksy.com

Comment

Im using parish magazine, marcher coast radio, local papers, posters (everywhere lol), flyers (everywhere too). Internet eg. wheretogo.com, stallfinder erm erm erm oh have facebook page, and wooden signs along the roadside and... lol minds gone blank now,
      Last edited by mopppy; 30-01-2009, 10:27 PM.

Comment

not to forget your local BBC radio, they advertise events for free (or any willing radio for that matter).
        Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

I can't really add to the above, almost everything has been covered but maybe I would also do library, large supermarkets, local schools and pre-schools and Tourist Information Office if you have one.
          Diane
          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

I think you can add events to Gumtree and The Best Of too. Also, ask your friends & family to have a poster in their car windows. Make use of your stallholders and distribute posters to them and email one to everyone you know.and ask them to put it on their work or school noticeboard. If you know anyone who's selling at an event beforehand ask them to put out some flyers for you or put them in bags. Your local Tourist Info may well display some for you too.
            http://www.stallfinder.com
            Twitter http://www.twitter.com/stallfinder

Comment

thank you guys - reassuringly for me I'm already doing 99% of them (must be doing something right!!! )

So what would catch your eye and make you WANT to go there rather than anywhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Kysanth View Post
                thank you guys - reassuringly for me I'm already doing 99% of them (must be doing something right!!! )

So what would catch your eye and make you WANT to go there rather than anywhere else?
                A very strange man teaching people to beadweave.

Comment

lol lol

Comment

ooh is that what I need at my craft fair??? a strange man teaching people to beadweave???? can I have one please, where can I get one????
                    Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
                      ooh is that what I need at my craft fair??? a strange man teaching people to beadweave???? can I have one please, where can I get one????
                      Rates on request.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                        Rates on request.

ooh might just hold you to that!
                        Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
                          ooh might just hold you to that!

OIIII!!! wait ya turn!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X