Argggh! Silly January Stalls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argggh! Silly January Stalls...

Argh! So I cancelled my stall that I had booked for tommorow as I figured I couldn't really be bothered to go and stand in the cold all day with no customers. I went the other week against my better judgement and it was totally dead!

So I only phoned to cancel yesterday afternoon - I figured if I put it off for a week it'd be Febuary and everyone would have been paid again after xmas and have more money... Anyhow... then this morning far too early for me to be awake enough to react a lady phoned up to ask if I was going to be there tommorow! That next-to-never happens!!

So I told her I'd be there next weekend but dammit what if I've just lost a customer cos I was too lazy to brave the January cold??

Sorry for this rant I'm just so irritated with myself...

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

Don't beat yourself up, if the lady really wants something from you she will wait until next week.

I would think that if she has phoned you she must want something from you and if she couldn't wait until next weekend she would have said so on the phone.

Whatever will be, will be! Bet you though that she turns up next week!!
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
      if she couldn't wait until next weekend she would have said so on the phone.
      Thanks for cheering me up and that's a good point I hadn't thought of that. I hope she shows up!

I should probably be a bit more proactive about stalls but I seem to have lost my mojo a bit after an exhausting christmas craft fair season... I haven't even done any new stuff. Maybe it will pick up with the weather.

Thanks!

Comment

Don't feel guilty, I'm sure the lady will hang on for an extra week.
        I'm the same as you, my mojo has gone missing at the moment. I also cancelled my monthly farmers market stall at the beginning of the month cos I had no new stuff and I didn't think it would be worth going. Though I did say a little fib and told them I had an upset stomach !!
        The hall we are usually at got flooded last week and will need a new floor so it's being held at my village hall instead so hopefully I will get some new customers.

Melanie

Comment

I would say that this year you cant afford to miss any day tradeing, this is a strange time.
          We expect to lose money on the market in Jan/Feb, its normal, things picking up by easter, but so far since xmass we are well in profit. This week wed was average, Fri (which is usualy a cover costs day) the takings were 4 times expected, and Sat was wages day. all the traders are saying the same, the standard patten of tradeing has gone. and if your not there you cant grab your slice of the money

Comment

Crikey, well I will be there next weekend that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by urbtaf View Post
              I would say that this year you cant afford to miss any day tradeing, this is a strange time.
              We expect to lose money on the market in Jan/Feb, its normal, things picking up by easter, but so far since xmass we are well in profit. This week wed was average, Fri (which is usualy a cover costs day) the takings were 4 times expected, and Sat was wages day. all the traders are saying the same, the standard patten of tradeing has gone. and if your not there you cant grab your slice of the money
              Historically we do well in January - to date this January we have done 12
              events - they are all up on last year - not a lot but given the climate we are pleased. Yes it's cold and wet, but with loads of thermals on you can keep warm. I always worry that if I had an accident on the way home it would take the paramedics hours to cut through my layers!
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
              FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I have a monthly pitch at the local farmers market.
                January is notoriously a crap month for sales and weather. I still turn up though as being a regular I always get my regulars who stop by for a chat. Also if I was to miss then the organisers have plenty of jewellery sellers lined up on their books and they won't let them have a pitch if I am there, so in my mind the stall fee keeps my strong hld on the village and surrounding areas.
                full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

So I went today since its now February! Also it was FREEEZING!!!

I dunno if the person who rang showed up or not but I had a seriously good day on the market. (especially since Newcastle were playing Sunderland which pretty much brings the whole North East to a standstill!)

I think you're right about keeping the pitch, although I don't have a regular one I figure the more often I go the more likely they are to give me a good spot. I have resolved to be more proactive about going every week.

Hope sales continue like today! Yay!

Comment

Glad to hear you had a good day (despite the weather) I have been cold enough indoors let alone outside.

Well done you for going. Hope the sales keep up for you
                    Diane
                    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Working...
                    X