Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Fairs Scotland - (March - May)

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know about our Spring events from March - May.

Saturday 7th March - Portobello Town Hall, Edinburgh
    Saturday 21st March - Langside Hall, Glasgow

Saturday 18th April - City Chambers, Dunfermline
    Saturday 25th April - Columcille Centre, Morningside, Edinburgh

Saturday 2nd May - Portobello Town Hall, Edinburgh
    Saturday 16th May - Town Hall, St Andrews

Booking for these events are picking up, so if you are interested in exhibiting, you can book online now via the website.

We shall keep you updated on our events!

Craft Fairs Scotland
    Last edited by Peter; 19-03-2009, 10:02 AM.

Craft Fairs

Hi

I'm new to this forumy thingummyjig, would llike to take part in a craft fair in my area, don't really know how to go about it. I live in dunfermline, I'm a bit scared incase I book up for it then nobody buys my stuff lol!!

Comment

Hi Mollymoo,

Have just sent you a PM.

Kind regards,

Craft Fairs Scotland
      Last edited by Peter; 16-03-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

moderators, just a question. HOw come these people are allowed to advertise but they are charging and obviously making money from the fairs, when yesterday and previously website for crafts are taken off the site for advertising?

Just a question, thankyou.

Comment

I am going to be at the Langside Hall fair on Saturday!

Hurrah!

Wish me luck everyone!
          www.beadlab.com

Comment

Hi Craft Fairs Scotland
            Just a question - I've booked and paid to do a couple of craft fairs with you in the next few months, but I haven't received any info about them or a receipt. I don't even know if you are VAT registered.
            I'm sure the fairs will be fine but it is slightly disconcerting when you have to pay the full amount up front online and there is nothing that I can see on your website to say who you are, or your address. Is that not a legal requirement? ( I think ther is another thread running somewhere on this forum about that very subject).
            By the way, you are losing customers because of that. I've spoken to at least two people who say they would have booked a fair, but haven't because there is no contact on the website and they don't feel confident about parting with their money.
            Hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to St Andrews.
            Marion
            Marion
            Embroidered Originals
            Here is my Blog
            Embroidered_Originals website
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

I have been to one of these fairs as a jewellery seller and it was good. I admit when i didnt receive anything from the organisers right away i was concerned but about a week before the fair i received instructions and it was a great day.

Im going to the Morningside one in April.
              Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

im booked for the langside in glagow on saturday! see you there Pebbles!!!

xx
                Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Surprise, suprise, I've just had an email from Craft Fairs Scotland saying the quality of my work wasn't good enough for their exacting standards and they were refunding my money! Odd really, since they invited me in the first place.
                  Oh well, I hope everyone else has a good fair ( I have no doubt they will). My comment was about their website only, but it looks like I have been given the boot!!
                  I still can't understand why they can't say on their website who they actually are - it's only polite after all.
                  Good luck to everyone at the fairs - you won't be seeing me there!
                  Marion
                  Marion
                  Embroidered Originals
                  Here is my Blog
                  Embroidered_Originals website
                  Follow me on Twitter

Comment

marion thats crazy seeing as they invitef you to begin with. I've heard a few bad things aout the lady part of the team who runs this to be honest.

A friend of mine who attended one remembers an incident where one of the stall holders had a panic attack, and they basiscally got banned from coming back as they were too much of a liability and effort to deal with, nice!!!

I think your work is well up to standard compared to some of the exhibitors, presume it was your post hear that got yuo banned. Chin up love.

Comment

I would suggest that if you openly criticise someone on a public forum you are going to get what you pay for! It may not be 'right', but I wouldn't have thought it was unexpected.

Comment

Hi Everybody

For the people who have had a stall with them i was just wondering how well they were attended? I have considered applying for a stall in the past but thought the stall charges were a little expensive. If they were well attended it may be worth it.

Thanks
                        Last edited by craftybeads; 19-03-2009, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SNOWF1975 View Post
                          im booked for the langside in glagow on saturday! see you there Pebbles!!!

xx
                          Yay! see you there..... I am quite excited!
                          www.beadlab.com

Comment

hi craftybeads, i woud think its worth a shot if they money is ok for you. My friend has had some reallymedium shows adn also some really bad shows with them. Never been a huge success and they said its never been mobbed but she's at least got her table fee back. And at £30 I should think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Marion Mitchell View Post
                              Surprise, suprise, I've just had an email from Craft Fairs Scotland saying the quality of my work wasn't good enough for their exacting standards and they were refunding my money! Odd really, since they invited me in the first place.
                              Oh well, I hope everyone else has a good fair ( I have no doubt they will). My comment was about their website only, but it looks like I have been given the boot!!
                              I still can't understand why they can't say on their website who they actually are - it's only polite after all.
                              Good luck to everyone at the fairs - you won't be seeing me there!
                              Marion
                              Good grief - you didn't say anything rude or out of order That really has put me off booking with them in future.
                              Carol

Resin jewellery, encaustic art paintings & gifts | Twitter!

Comment

Working...
                              X