X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carft fair in mid Jan 2009

Hi!

can anyone let me know if there is a craft fair in the second week of Jan 2009 in Manchester, Leeds, York or nearby areas...thanks
    Last edited by mir; 22-12-2008, 02:33 PM. Reason: typos

WHY would you want to do a fair mid Jan. when noone will buy.?

do yiou know something the rest of us don't lol

tried it last year and had no sales till march so not botherong this (next) year
    Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

thanks for the tip

i am new to craft shows and have no clue as in when people would buy. I can imagine that most of the craft lovers may have already bought stuff before Christmas, but there a a few shows at the end of Jan 2009, does this mean it may not be a good idea to participate in them?
      happy xmas

Comment

Personally I always take january off, but then that's usually cos I'm absoultely knackered after all the christmas craft shows and I need to re-stock.
        I've always assumed it's not very busy in january, in fact it seems like it's usually summer before people seriously get their money out again but I'm not really sure.
        A friend of mine that does stalls says he does a really good trade jan/feb in fact he said he did his best money last year in those months (pre-credit crunch presumably) but then he sells a lot of stuff that appeals to kids and maybe they are out spending their Christmas money in jan?
        Most adults you would assume would be broke....

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

Comment

Originally posted by mir View Post
          Hi!

can anyone let me know if there is a craft fair in the second week of Jan 2009 in Manchester, Leeds, York or nearby areas...thanks
          You will be lucky to find a fair before Easter now. This is where we do all the designing, stocking, and hard work getting ready..................oh........sorry........you don't do that bit do you?

Comment

Most of the events I know of in January are car boot sales (probably people selling unwanted Christmas presents), antique and collectors fairs and wedding fairs. 2 of my kids have January birthdays so I'll be doing some shopping but I think most people would head for the sales rather than craft fairs, particularly this year.
            Gail.
            Last edited by stallfinder; 23-12-2008, 05:42 PM. Reason: spelling
            http://www.stallfinder.com
            Twitter http://www.twitter.com/stallfinder

Comment

The first 2 weeks in Jan can be busy with people getting rid of their xmass money, particularly kids. not sure about this year though.
              Then a boring plod till March. I will be catching up on my paperwork, clearing out the garages and hopefully finding that stock that I know Ive got but just cant find
              Then as Peters said get productive ready for the years bumper trade that is coming our way

Comment

you don't do that bit do you?

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                You will be lucky to find a fair before Easter now. This is where we do all the designing, stocking, and hard work getting ready..................oh........sorry........you don't do that bit do you?
                what are you implying Peter? You sound so immature with your comments....please grow up!

Comment

i to feel peter that your comment was uncalled for. this is a friendly forum that does not ask for sarcastic comments and is meant to be a source of support for all crafters.

merry christmas everyone!!

Comment

Originally posted by craftvirgin View Post
                    this is a friendly forum that does not ask for sarcastic comments and is meant to be a source of support for all crafters.
                    I think Peter objected to the fact that the original poster doesn't appear to be a crafter at all but rather an importer. This tends to annoy the true crafters out there who are trying to sell their handcrafted items and are competing against cheaper mass produced imports. Please don't think Peter is sarky to real crafters, and if mir is a true crafter then I apologise.

Happy Christmas to all!!!
                    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

true crafter

Well, I must clarify that there is no reason for anyone to be prejudiced about anyone. As said earlier, this place is to support fellow crafters and this is perhaps why crafters love to be on this forum. I don't think that any of my posts, including the one where I introduced myself suggests that i am not a crafter. And if there is a confusion or misunderstanding, one can always request for further information (like some people did) before really passing a comment, especially regarding something that one is not aware off.

thanks anyway and merry Christmas to everyone !!1
                      Last edited by mir; 24-12-2008, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I have just noticed this thread, and the detrimental comments. Let me make this clear, Mir is only posting on this forum because I missed his original posts - he would have been cautioned for advertising commercial products on a craft forum.
                        Craft Virgin has only just joined the forum, but that is no excuse for 'flaming' a moderator with no information about why my comment was made to hand. Craft Virgin has now made a forum moderator annoyed - how clever was that?
                        Many (ex) forum newbies have felt it was a good idea to have a go at a mod - usually me, because I wield a big axe - they don't tend to remain very long.

Comment

commercial products

Peter please show me where in did I advertise commercial products, i would appreciate if you could point a post or a thread. And by the way, i joined just a day ago.

Comment

Yes, we do embroidery on shawls, however, I am more on designing end than doing it myself. The crafts men who actually make embroidery are based in Kashmir, India. I supply raw material, monitor quality and also collect products already made by them, which I feel would go well in the market.

Which bit of 'UK CraftsForum' doesn't fit this profile? We have enough problems getting our handcrafted stuff out to buyers, without importing from Kashmir. Don't do the 'your a racist' thing either - it's been tried. I am not going to continue this discussion on a public thread, if you need further clarification you can PM me.

Comment

I have deleted Mir's post, and closed the thread, as he obviously wishes to carry on an argument in public - I don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X