shurgbourgh Craft Fair, Stafford in Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shurgbourgh Craft Fair, Stafford in Nov

Did any memeber on here have a stall at the Craft and food fair at Shrugbough in Stafford in Nov? I'm thinking of doing it next year and it will be my first large craft fair. I was just wondering if they thought it was a sucess as there was lots of visitors
    Quirky items from a MAD family.

I did'nt do the show personally, but one of my friends did it and said she would not be doing it next year as she said for the money and hassle (4 seperate nights) it did not make her enough money to make it worth her while. Doing 4 seperate fairs during the day would have made her more revenue!

Hope this is of help!

just remembered another friend did it and said I think for the same kinda reasons she would not do it next year also!

Comment

This is my first post on here as I've just found this great site.
      I had a stall at the show and to be honest it wasn't nearly as good as it could have been. It was very expensive for the size of the venue. Also, there were only about 60 stall holder there, which is ok for a free entry fair but people were paying quite a bit to get in and only had enough to look at for 20 minutes or so. Quite a few people I spoke to weren't happy at the entry fee against the size of the show.

I wouldn't do it again TBH. Most stall holders didn't do too well and we lost money. That said, the guy next to us did a roaring trade.

It should be said though that the guy who organised it hadn't been well and his wife was taken into hospital the night before the event so perhaps it wasn't representative of how good it 'could' have been.
      Life IS funny sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by nomorem6 View Post
        It should be said though that the guy who organised it hadn't been well and his wife was taken into hospital the night before the event so perhaps it wasn't representative of how good it 'could' have been.
        Funnily enough, the organiser had been ill at the last fair I went to which didn't go well (meaning they weren't there to answer a lot of justified questions about lack of advertising etc)... I would say that the most important tasks that a craft fair organiser is responsible for are actually carried out well before the event itself rather than on the day, such as promoting and advertising? Shoot me if I'm wrong...
        Wood Tattoos
        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
        Facebook
        Flickr
        Twitter

Comment

Working...
        X