calling all burlesque-esques ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling all burlesque-esques ;)

ello ello lovely people, i don't know if this will be of interest to any of you but i'm having a stall at the next 'festival of sins'

it takes place once every other month i believe and is a fantastic burlesque/fetish night, with djs, performers, stalls, stilt walkers, sometimes even cake it's held at the purple turtle club in camden this saturday teh 13th from 8/9pm - 3am

anyhoo, thought i might aswell post my flyer incase anyone fancied coming down. obviously i wouldn't expect any of you talented people to necessarily purchase anything but feel free to pass it on to anyone who might be interested.

if anyone would like more info or a link to their page just holla!

xx

Woohoo that sunds like a lot of fun!! Would have got myself down there sharpish in my younger days... Have fun and I hope it goes well for you
    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

OOOhhh so wish I could go !!

I've just done an order for a burlesque style charm bracelet, and I'm booking myself in on a course to do fascinators next year ...I love burlesque ....have fun Raffles
      Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
      my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
      my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

thanks guys!

ooh awesome, i make fascinators too! making some this week in prep hehe

Comment

ohh I love your work (I said that already...)

I would love to go there but rather as a seller I make some things that would match with a theme, but I bet there is no spaces left (I know my luck)
          blog
          website
          etsy shop
          folksy shop
          twitter

Comment

thanks a lot
            you could contact them about a stall for sure.
            however it is a small place, last time there were two stalls and i know theres two this time, not sure they could fit many more but might be worth asking! its quite laid back. i've got a fuseball table for this one as i did last time and wouldn't be able to get my stuff on the smaller option..which is jsut a couple round bar tables. id comtacted the woman in charge to ask if i could def have the fuseball table or if not could i bring a pasting table, but never got a reply about bringing my own table as she said i could have the fuesball one. so maybe that's an option, if they'll let you.
            but if you've got stuff that fits the sorta theme that's be ace, the other stall last time was a bit too cute and a lot of people were telling me how it wasn't the right kinda stuff, i dont think they sold anything either :s whereas i did quite well with my stuff all being pretty alternative and full of skulls and pearls.

wow i feel like i just wrote an essay. hope that helps!!
            x

Comment

haha like an essey indeed, I have some sweet things, but I was actually thinking about my sexy crochet lingerie... but I still do not have too many items to fill up one table... maybe if I took some other stuff I do not know...

I will definitely try to contact her for next one as I have got few things started that will not cost too much as well... as the lingerie seems to sell very slow...
              Last edited by jezzabell; 08-12-2008, 10:30 PM.
              blog
              website
              etsy shop
              folksy shop
              twitter

Comment

always worth a try, they have another club night too called striplight which i've not been to yet, that might be bigger.

Comment

thanks RafflesBizzare
                  blog
                  website
                  etsy shop
                  folksy shop
                  twitter

Comment

heya
                    i only really do fairs and things down here as i dont drive so i cant get all my stuff on the train, also poooor so cant afford travel. but if i hear of any will let you know.

looking for more in the london aread as it is..whats the one you heard about in london? its not toooo scarey here hehe

Comment

I go on the ministry fo burlesque forum, those ladies outfits are amazing, they have such confidence.Tho sadly it seems they dont wear sparkly jewellery whilst performing.
                      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

... wish I could come

Wish I could make this one but it is too far.
                        I love your hats BTW.

I am running a burlesque-y craft event this weekend and I hope it goes well.

Actually that reminds me I should be upstairs sewing

Have a good time.
                        Kelly xx

Comment

Working...
                        X